My totaled '89 SC Daily Driver

just give it a quick hose down with the garden hose and let it go...lol. Now how much other stuff did those little guys get into?? time to get a couple of barn cats to roam in your building.... good luck....Rich

Thankfully the car and the engine are in 2 different locations so should be fine otherwise.

Tore the rest of the motor down last night. Everything considered the journals look clean and the cam lobes also look to be clean. Everything will be heading off to the machine shop to be hot tanked, polished and checked before I start reassembly. Cylinder #3 on the block is a bit corroded so I hope a light hone is all that's needed to accommodate a stock rebuild.

Did find the cam and ported heads I was told the motor had also so that's a good thing. Also glad I tore it down besides the obvious reasons the overuse of permatex on this orginal assembly was something I've never seen before.

Also if anyone can help me with the specs on the cam - I tried to use Comp Cams website to get some answers but didn't know which number to use to get details. I'd love to make sure that the correct length pushrods and rockers are used at time of assembly.

cam.jpghead.jpgcrank.jpg

-Tim

Last edited:
Back