New 1/8th mile best

Quik95SC

SCCoA Member
Well I finally felt confident enough that the transmission issues were resolved to go to our local 1/8th mile track and try a little test and tune.
First run for the night (Baseline run w/ No Nitrous)
.477-------RT
1.654-----60 ft
4.904-----330 ft
7.109-----594 ft
7.606-----1/8th mile @ 90.50mph This in itself was a new best on motor alone, so I was happy!

Next run with 75 wet shot of nitrous.

.527---------RT
1.636-------60 ft
4.779-------330 ft
6.896-------594 ft
7.369-------1/8th mile @ 95.21mph. Woohoo!! Car Ran fantastic!! So lets try it again.

2nd run with 75 hp nitrous 3rd run with same nitrous
.502--------RT .491---------------RT
1.629-------60 ft 1.644--------------60 ft
4.781-------330 ft 4.793--------------330 ft
6.894-------594 ft 6.891--------------594 ft
7.370-------1/8th mile @ 94.69mph 7.363--------------1/8th mile @ 95.47 NEW PERSONAL 1/8th MILE Best!!

I was very happy, especially with the consistency of each of the runs. Ran with street tires on front, so there is a little more when I get the skinny's for up front. All in all a good night! If any of the online calculators are correct this should be good for a 11.47-11.57 range in the 1/4 which is fantastic. Right at the index for needing a roll cage and other safety crap I really don't want to deal with.

Smitty

Good job Smitty ! What ended up being the problem with transmission ?

David

Bad MLPS caused the ECU not to know what gear the trans was in along with some wacked out shift strategies caused me to have no forward movement at all! But it worked great on the Dyno remember!

What made the final straw I am guessing is that when I dropped the pan there was a damn valve and spring from the VB sitting in the pan!! Apparently the clip to retain the valve and spring was never put it, cause once the VB is bolted to the trans case there is no way for it to just fall out!! I was pretty pissed when I found that to say the least!

It was the torque converter bypass valve that had fallen out, so hence to fluid pressure to any of the clutches!

Hopefully it is fixed first and I can plan a trip to bowling green to get a new 1/4 mile best! Keeping my fingers crossed!.

Smitty

Great times, do you spray the nitrous right off the line or bring it in later? I spray mine, 100 shot, right off the line but I haven't had a chance to spray it with the 2.3 Whipple.......:eek:

Great times, do you spray the nitrous right off the line or bring it in later? I spray mine, 100 shot, right off the line but I haven't had a chance to spray it with the 2.3 Whipple.......:eek:

Mine activates whenever the engine get to 3100 RPM from the window switch. It is not directly off the line, but not very far off the line either since I foot brake mine up to about 2200 waiting on the light to change! Helps to keep wheel spin to a minimum I guess. I left the connection there so I can switch and connect 1 wire and it will spray right at WOT on the TPS, but I have never tried it that way yet.

Thanks,

Smitty

What kind of tire do you run? I run a bias ply full slick, Hoosier 28/10.5/15 with 12 psi., and it hooks up great..........;)

I am currently running a MT ET Street 26 X10.5 X16 on a stock SC wheel usually at around 16.5-17 psi. I am thinking with th enew MPH and RPM through the traps I may have to run a slightly taller tire, but without a 1/4 mile run with the new setup that has yet to be determined.

Smitty

I am currently running a MT ET Street 26 X10.5 X16 on a stock SC wheel usually at around 16.5-17 psi. I am thinking with th enew MPH and RPM through the traps I may have to run a slightly taller tire, but without a 1/4 mile run with the new setup that has yet to be determined.

Smitty

I also run inner tubes with rim screws. From my experience running slicks with and without tubes at 12-14 psi I can tell you that at the top end of the track it's way less scarier with tubes.............much more stable...........;)

Back