Thread: 90 sc help

90 sc help

SCCOA,

I have a friend who has a 1990 Thunderbird SC. It's been off the road for probably 20 years. I am a car guy, so I know it needs a once over before it's driven but I am not familiar with Super Coupes and their Superchargers. I am making plans to change all the belts, fluids and hoses since it's only wise. I am uncertain of the mileage and what upkeep has been done. I like to know where I should start on the SC. Is there anything special I need to know about the Supercharger and its oil? I have will have more questions, I just know it!

Richard Stump
    Mechanicsburg, PA.

I've got a 90 also. 35 anniversary. Just remove the fill plug on the front drivers side of the supercharger and make sure it's full. The oils available from supercomputer performance. Or your local dealer. Wouldn't hurt to pressure test the whole cooling system either. Lot of small coolant hoses hiding around the intake.

Quote Originally Posted by stumprd61 View Post
    Is there anything special I need to know about the Supercharger and its oil?
    Details on supercharger oil & change/fill here: http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthre...percharger+oil

Supercharger

The two answers are excellent and are exactly what I was looking for. I am looking forward to having this car back on the road and taking it to shows.