1989 Cougar XR7 5-speed 112k miles

Iowacougar

Hey guys, fellow sc/xr7 enthusiast here who used to frequent this forums years back.I picked up an 89 XR7 A few months ago with a few things wrong with it. I got it back up and running in great condition and for the past few months its been my back-up/ project car. This isnt a gauge/feeler thread its completly up for sale, I just dont have any pictures of it right now but if honest interest is shown ill get some taken quickly. Ill list a few info about it below as best as I can.

Basic info
112k miles
Power locks,windows,door keypad,sunroof, power antenna all work great.
Runs great, no problems in the months Ive had it.
Clean title in hand.
All stock except cone filter.
Comes with extra rim with tire on it and intercooler fan

Things Ive replaced

Old supercharger had bearing whine so I put on a supercharger from a 92 sc I had with about 80k miles on it. New SC fluid aswell. Swapped the 89 inlet manifold with EGR on to the 92 charger to retain EGR but the one hose that tends to break ending up breaking but everything else is hooked up.
New DIS
New plugs and wires
New cam sensor
New radiator cap
New transmission fluid
New hood struts

Exterior
Red
Seven spoke cougar wheels with good tire tread
Paint is faded but can be brought back. I did a quick test on the hood with some polish and brought it back to a decent shine, Ill most likely work on the rest of the car as time goes by.
There are dents and scratches as this car did sit in a barn for awhile. Theres a pretty sizable scratch/dent on the pass door. Most if not all are repairable though.
99% rust free. I dont see any rust at all but I dont want to say 100% if im not totally sure.
Underbody looks great no rust at all, very surprising honestly.
Lights all in good shape, bumper lights intact and working.
Glass is all straight except for one or two small rock chips in the windshield.

Interior
Grey cloth with a few rips and tears
Headliner has seen better days.
Dash in good shape, no cracks. Same with majority of the interior pieces.
No radio
So-so tint job that was on the car when I bought it.

Needs Work

Stiff brake pedal. Comes with another brake assembly with from what I can tell everything you need to fix it. It just never bothered me. Completly drivable in my opinion but something isnt working right.
Ebrake doesnt work. Most likely disconnected at the rear or at the handle itself.
Pass door sags a little when you try to open it.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions or request pictures!! Id love to see this car go to a member of this site. Ill be checking here often so please post in here or PM me. Im sure there are things that I forgot to mention so Ill add them as they come to me. All offers will be considered. Located in Evansdale Iowa.

Last edited:
Back