Yes it's me and I'm in love again...

Word Man

If anyone is old enough to know the song quoted in my title for this thread, you'll also know it was sung by Fats Domino (released in 1956).

I, am not that old (though I did grow up on a daily dose of "Oldies." They went with the old cars with which I also grew up. In any case, my name is Bill, and I am a car-aholic. In fact, I love all things mechanical.

In our stable, my wife and I currently have:

-1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer with an LY5/4L60E swap

-1993 Nissan 300ZX (non-turbo/auto, my wife's car)

-1972 Oldsmobile 442 convertible (fuel injected 454, Richmond 5-speed, IRS, and a ton of other modifications)

-1993 Suzuki VX800

-1976 Kawasaki KZ750 twin (Cafe Racer)

-1969 Triumph Bonneville

For now, only my wife's Z and my Jeep are on the road. Soon to follow is the VX800. But, of course, that is not why I am here.

I am here because I recently acquired a 1991 Thunderbird Supercoupe, complete with duct tape over the windshield washer squirters because "I didn't like the hissing sound they were making." The car is already mildly modified, and currently runs SHO wheels, a smaller blower pulley, and a tune. On the ride home, it pulled pretty well, though I didn't get into it too much. The interior is in good shape (though the driver's seat foam is collapsed), and the car is rust free (which, combined with the fact that it is a 5-speed, is why I bought it). Considering the A/C is missing parts (not mentioned in the ad--oops!), I likely paid too much. Still, the price was reasonable, so no regrets.

"Eventually" (don't these stories always contain an "eventually"?), I plan on rebuilding the suspension, getting the engine and its ancillaries in order, and painting the thing. There may be an engine swap in the near future as well. No matter what course I take, however, it will remain a supercharged vehicle.

I'm not Tom Bodette, but I will leave the light on for you,
Bill

I should also mention that this is my third Thunderbird. I used to have an '87 Turbo Coupe, and a '95 V8 car. For a while I also owned the only 1989 ASC/McLaren painted Hot Yellow.

Back