Hi, new SC owner from PA

89SCfan

Hello,

I am a long time gearhead and auto-enthusiast. I have been interested in cars ever since my grandfather taught me how to drive a stick in his Jeep Wagoneer 4x4 when I was 14 years old. I have owned many cars over the years. Here is a short list of the better ones:

1970 Ford Maverick 6cyl
1974 Chevy Nova w/350
1985 Dodge Charger 2.2 H.O. 5spd
1988 Pontiac Grand Prix
1971 Buick Skylark GS clone w/350
1992 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L
1986 Ford Mustang SVO 2.3L turbo 5spd
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 clone 5.7L

And my new baby!
1989 Ford Thunderbird SC

I drove 3-1/2 hours to look at it after talking with the owner. He said is was super clean, well maintained and a 'must see'. Turns out he was 100% right! It's been garaged and maintained its whole life. Newer red paint, new tires, new brakes, grey cloth interior is flawless. no rust or rot anywhere, and the best part--- a new engine with 8K miles! I drove it home on the turnpike without any issues. It's a real nice highway cruiser. I fell in love with it on the drive home.

I'm an engineer with a major elevator company and enjoy all things mechanical and electrical. I also have interests in science, astronomy, and home improvement, but my main passion has always been cars!

I can see this forum has many informed owners with a wealth of knowledge. I look forward to engaging you with questions and helping others as I learn. Be talking with you all soon.

Hello,

I am a long time gearhead and auto-enthusiast. I have been interested in cars ever since my grandfather taught me how to drive a stick in his Jeep Wagoneer 4x4 when I was 14 years old. I have owned many cars over the years. Here is a short list of the better ones:

1970 Ford Maverick 6cyl
1974 Chevy Nova w/350
1985 Dodge Charger 2.2 H.O. 5spd
1988 Pontiac Grand Prix
1971 Buick Skylark GS clone w/350
1992 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L
1986 Ford Mustang SVO 2.3L turbo 5spd
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 clone 5.7L

And my new baby!
1989 Ford Thunderbird SC

I drove 3-1/2 hours to look at it after talking with the owner. He said is was super clean, well maintained and a 'must see'. Turns out he was 100% right! It's been garaged and maintained its whole life. Newer red paint, new tires, new brakes, grey cloth interior is flawless. no rust or rot anywhere, and the best part--- a new engine with 8K miles! I drove it home on the turnpike without any issues. It's a real nice highway cruiser. I fell in love with it on the drive home.

I'm an engineer with a major elevator company and enjoy all things mechanical and electrical. I also have interests in science, astronomy, and home improvement, but my main passion has always been cars!

I can see this forum has many informed owners with a wealth of knowledge. I look forward to engaging you with questions and helping others as I learn. Be talking with you all soon.

Welcome to the club.

Welcome! I too recently returned to the club after I sold my first SC several years ago. They are a totally unique car and their dwindling numbers makes it a cool little niche in Ford history to own. Have fun!

Back