1990 super coupe 5 speed for sale

dave377

attachment 90 sc 2.jpgattachment 90 sc 3.jpgattachment 90 sc 4.jpg
I have a 90 Super coupe that I got a few couple years a got from a member on here and this is the info I got from him.

Up for sale is my 1990 Thunderbird SC. Red with black leather interior. Interior isn't in too bad shape but front seats could use a recovering. The body on the car is in excellent shape except the clear coat baking off in areas. 100% rust free underneath and on the body. Which is surprising for an Ohio car. I was in the process of fixing this up. Kid I got it from did a half A** repair on the heads which were shot. I pulled the engine cleaned her all up and installed a different set of heads. Engine is back together and sitting in the car but still needs to be hooked up. Fresh Mobil synthetic oil, brand new gaskets on oil pan and top up including Teflon gaskets for the SC. Brand new Bosch Iridium plugs and fairly new Taylor wires. Super charger was drained and reserviced and I do have enough Eaton oil left for another servicing. Does need new belts I haven't gotten those yet. My loss is your gain though. This is an excellent solid car with 0 rust all around. it is a bit of a project but wont take much to put her on the road and work as you go. Clear title signed off and notarized too. I've got quite a few $ invested in her and hate to see her go to scrap but Ive got too many projects and have started back to college too so I have no time at all to play right now.

Since I got the car I have hooked the engine up and got it running but it still needs the exh down pipes and 02 censers and a starter relay. I have moved the car in and out of the shop under it own power and the clutch seams good as does the brakes the trans goes right into gear. This car need to be completed by some one but I have got bored with it and want to see it. I will take $650.00 for the car.

Thanks
Dave

Last edited:
interior pics

Depending on the condition of the carpet & door panels/console/dash, I may be interested as a parts car. Got any interior pics?

Since I got the car I have hooked the engine up and got it running but it still needs the exh down pipes and 02 censers and a starter relay. I have moved the car in and out of the shop under it own power and the clutch seams good as does the brakes the trans goes right into gear. This car need to be completed by some one but I have got bored with it and want to see it. I will take $750.00 for the car.

Thanks
Dave

Would you say this is all it needs right now? Downpipes, O2s, starter relay? I am a little confused as to what info is current and what is from the time you bought the car.

I am interested in the whole thing, but as a daily driver, so I would like to know what I would be getting into. (Not that I am afraid to fix it, just counting the cost before I do anything.)

S_Mazza I don't know what all it needs because all I have done is finish hooking up the engine and starting it up and pulled it in and out of the shop a few times. Don't really know anything else about the car. I do know that there is no radio in it and that the drivers window don't work.

no rust

No rust and the title is notarized and not salvage or rebuilt. The car is at my friends place in Greenville Ohio and that is north west of Dayton about 25miles

No rust and the title is notarized and not salvage or rebuilt. The car is at my friends place in Greenville Ohio and that is north west of Dayton about 25miles

Greenville huh. thats 20 mins from me. Looking better. Still for sale?

Hi, thanks for the info. I'm sorry I didn't get back to you in a timely manner. I had some personal things to take care of the last few weeks.

Anyway, the car sounds pretty good, and even with a few unknowns, the price is good for sure. I am wondering if the car is transport-able by a shipping company? Like, is the hood installed? Are there loose parts that don't fit in it?

I am at the other end of the next state, but I am still interested, hence the question.

I see you have some local interest as well.

I can bolt the hood on so that's no problem every thing that I got with the car is on it or in the trunk. There is also some extra parts in the trunk that I saved of a Cougar Xr7 . I also have a extra right side door that is good off the Cougar that can go with it. I have a set of front seats that came out of a English ford car that is almost the same as the super coupe seats. The head light covers is off but they are there, need glued back on. I wish I could tell you more about the engine and driver train but I can't because I have not checked it all out. I will say that with a battery and jumping across the relay that it will start and run and I have moved it in and out of the shop under it own power. I think the top of the rear seat is in bad shape also. I will check it out when I go up to where the care is.

Thanks
Dave

I am out. I have an old Iron Head chopper I need to finish first, and a couple projects on the side for my father. Sorry Dave377.

Back