XR7 hood mat?

aroot1

SCCoA Member
My cat came to me as a "rescue". It was non-running, had been re-poed twice, and sat derelict in a small field car lot for a couple years. For all that it is fairly low mileage, and in pretty good shape.
It did not have the hood mat in it when I got it. Do the XR7's have an embossed cat emblem in the mats like the bird on the SC's? I'd like to pick up a nice one if they do. I clean 'em up best I can, then lightly rattle can with satin/flat black, then mask the emblem off and paint it in an accent color to the car.
Anybody got any pics of one? Are the base cougars the same? Anyone got a nice one to sell?

Thanks

Adam

May not have used the correct word. The cougar head badge/logo/emblem. The cats head in a circle, as used on the grill and sail panels in chrome. The SC has the bird badge embossed in it's mat, just wondering if the XR7 had the cats head.

Adam

You mean the insulation on the engine side of the hood? I don't think my 94 has anything like that and I don't remember my sons 90 having it. I will have to check when I get home.

Just checked my 89 and it has the cougar logo head. Sure my 90 does as well as a leaking snout seal messed it up. Don't know about other yrs though. Finding a nice clean one might be tough considering the number of cats out there.

Ok my 94 s.c. does not have a bird embossed in the hood liner. Should it, can someone answer this one? Not meaning to Jack your thread.

All my SC'S are '89s, and all have, or had them, as several have been destroyed. Maybe dropped in the later years?

Don't even remember if the cat had one when I got it, but it was probably trashed even if it did. Interesting to hear the cats have it too. I'd like to find one. Anyone know if the base cougars have it? That would definitely up the odds of being able to find one.

Adam

Ok my 94 does have the bird. It was giving me the bird and I never saw it. I would have thought it would have been larger. Guess Ford was not to proud of what they did.

Ok my 94 does have the bird. It was giving me the bird and I never saw it. I would have thought it would have been larger. Guess Ford was not to proud of what they did.

Lol, I am interested in finding a new under hood liner for my 94. At Carlisle I was noticing all of the T-bird logos so prominently embossed into the front of the liner, and wondering why I did not have one. Until I looked VERY VERY carefully and finally noticed it. :rolleyes: Not sure why it is so invisible on the 94. Probably next to impossible to find a new one, unless someone starts making a reproduction...

I do not know if he's still in business, but a TCCoA forum post ( http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=105559 ) references some that have been well received over the years.

Gonzalo, OTOH, got really sick about three years ago, and got back into it, but I've not heard from him in the past year or so.

RwP

Yes, I looked him up on the internet after seeing his liner on your car at Carlisle. Sadly, he passed away last year. As far as I know, no one took over for him.

Back