WTB 85mm throttle body

tberger06

I'm looking for an 85mm throttle body that will fit the Magnum Powers intake plenum.

Last edited:
I have the battery hold-down, the spare tire handle, the power antenna switch and a mirror switch.

The antenna switch and mirror switch have been tested in one of my cars and are good.

I might know where a set of cowl pieces are but I have to check first.

Most any junk yard for the cowl pieces and the trunk lock complete with a key it's easy to remove and they're all the same, Permatex plastic welder for the doors and misc other parts. Most parts stores carry it and it really does work.

Last edited:
I have the battery hold-down, the spare tire handle, the power antenna switch and a mirror switch.

The antenna switch and mirror switch have been tested in one of my cars and are good.

I might know where a set of cowl pieces are but I have to check first.

Do you know of a way to determine if my mirror controls are actually broken (or if it's the mirrors themselves)?

Also, I don't need the antenna switch...just the outer bracket that secures it to the dash.

Let me know if you are successful or not with the cowl pieces, then we can arrange something.

Most any junk yard for the cowl pieces and the trunk lock complete with a key it's easy to remove and they're all the same, Permatex plastic welder for the doors and misc other parts. Most parts stores carry it and it really does work.

I was attempting to change my trunk lock but could not remove the black & white plastic pieces without breaking them. Is there a trick to getting them apart?

Do you know of a way to determine if my mirror controls are actually broken (or if it's the mirrors themselves)?

Also, I don't need the antenna switch...just the outer bracket that secures it to the dash.

Let me know if you are successful or not with the cowl pieces, then we can arrange something.

On your mirror switch, roll your drivers side window down and then start pushing the mirror switch.
See if you can hear the motors running in the mirror.
If you hear the motors run but the mirror doesn't move, it is the gears in the mirror.
Make sure you test all the positions.
You can test the passenger side the same way.
If you don't hear them running it is probably the switch.
There is a possibility that it could be both.

As for the antenna switch, I tried to separate a bracket from a switch and it snapped. Not going to ruin another one so hopefully someone else has a bracket for you.

I checked my mirror controls and couldn't hear anything moving in either mirror, so I'll give new switches a try if you have them.

My original post has been edited because I no longer need the spare tire handle or trunk lock pieces.

I found some cowl pieces off a 94 Thunderbird LX and although they are the correct size and shape, the screw holes do not match up :mad:.

Sent you a PM with details.

One other thing on the mirrors, did you check the fuse?

Doh!...the fuse has been the problem the whole time. I never realized there was another fuse box under the steering wheel. Popped in a good fuse and now my mirrors work along with all my interior lights and my door keypad!

Only one small issue with my mirror control. One of the little internal plastic arms refuses to go up & down. It's the one that isn't all the way up in the picture. I am baffled why it won't move since the other ones easily slide up & down in their groove.

Do these pulleys allow for the stock belt length? If I pair the crank pulley with the Dayco/Powerbond balancer, do I need to worry about getting them balanced?

I wouldn't worry about balancing, all the parts involved are neutral balance. This particular pulley set was installed on one of the early Dayco balancers that didn't have the correct offset on the bolt holes so I machined this crank pulley to match and so now it can be used on both with no issue. You can use the stock belt with this, although it does come super close to touching. I've run this pulley set many years with no belt issues, but you can run a shorter belt to keep it further from touching if you prefer.

I wouldn't worry about balancing, all the parts involved are neutral balance. This particular pulley set was installed on one of the early Dayco balancers that didn't have the correct offset on the bolt holes so I machined this crank pulley to match and so now it can be used on both with no issue. You can use the stock belt with this, although it does come super close to touching. I've run this pulley set many years with no belt issues, but you can run a shorter belt to keep it further from touching if you prefer.

PM sent for pulleys.

Back