Have a chance to get a 97 Kenny Brown built Thunderbird. Need advise!!!!

F

Fx439

Recently had a trade offer for a 97 Kenny Brown built Thunderbird. Pearl white 80,800 miles 4.6 I talked with a builder at Kenny Brown to confirm it is one of their cars. Says the builder spent $11,000 on it when built new. Super charger, trans build, suspension, chassis stiffening, it was quite an extensive build. My main question now is what would a vehicle of this extent? He's wanting to trade me for one of my race cars that I have priced at $6,000

If the car is clean, that sounds like a fair trade to me. From what I understand, the "trans build" was probably just a shift kit on the factory 4R70, and I don't think those cars have much collector value, but think of it this way; you have your car listed at $6K, which means you would probably take $5K for it, so figure $5K for a supercharged 80K mile bird with improved suspension, not a bad deal if the car is clean, but about $2K too much if the car is a basket case.

If you get it, make sure the deal includes documentation and not just "Says the builder spent...". After all, it sounds like that's key to why you want to have that car.

id jump on it rite away....kenny brown probly took the idea from the SVE thunderbirds which i have always wanted to make a clone of.

Back