Finally getting around to repairing my car

nickleman60

Well it's been about a year since my transmission lost 3rd & OD. Since my dyno #'s were not up to par after the Whipple installation I haven't had any love for the car then the trans. f%#!*& up and I really got pissed at it. After a few months I finally put it up on jack stands and left it like that for probably 5 months before I pulled the trans. than I let it sit on the garage floor for another 3 months. I finally called my trans. guy to come and pick it up a couple of weeks ago so maybe I'll begin to have feelings for the car again. I have too much money invested in it to let it just rot in the garage and I'll never sell it because I probably couldn't get a 3rd or 4th of what I got in it, hell the 2.3 Whipple kit and supporting parts alone was close to $5000.

Nice,

It's amazing how much of a love -hate relationship these things are.
I don't have anywhere near what you have in it, but there have been a couple of times in the last 24 years that l left it to suffer in the garage by itself to ponder what it did to me!

I find it helps to look around at the info around here on different topics and not necessarily dwell on the past issue

Good luck with trans.

Tim

Don't even waste your time with that trans, just get one out of a 99+ V6 mustang to swap in. It is a much better trans to start with, and in stock form will be stronger than your 94/95 trans ever could be.

Don't even waste your time with that trans, just get one out of a 99+ V6 mustang to swap in. It is a much better trans to start with, and in stock form will be stronger than your 94/95 trans ever could be.

It already had some updated internals but I told my trans. guy to make sure that it'll be able to handle 500 rwhp.

There is no way to make that trans reliably handle that much horsepower. There have been upgrades through the years to the case, the valve body, and several internal parts that are not backwards compatible into the older case. You need to start with a 99+ case to be able to reliably handle the power you are putting down.

Talk to Dirty Dog on Facebook kieth. Good to see you back at it brother I was in exactly the same mind set this weekend when I put my T56 in for the 3rd time and it was making noise. I got it sorted out and Im finally happy with the car.

Talk to Dirty Dog on Facebook kieth. Good to see you back at it brother I was in exactly the same mind set this weekend when I put my T56 in for the 3rd time and it was making noise. I got it sorted out and Im finally happy with the car.

Dave,
I've got my trans. guy on it. He's a hot rodder that has his own trans. business/shop and a bad azz truck with 700 rwhp without a 300 shot of nitrous so I have faith/trust in him.

I meant to ask Chris V where you have been the last couple of years. Hope you get the car on the road/track soon. :)

Well it's been about a year since my transmission lost 3rd & OD. Since my dyno #'s were not up to par after the Whipple installation I haven't had any love for the car then the trans. f%#!*& up and I really got pissed at it. After a few months I finally put it up on jack stands and left it like that for probably 5 months before I pulled the trans. than I let it sit on the garage floor for another 3 months. I finally called my trans. guy to come and pick it up a couple of weeks ago so maybe I'll begin to have feelings for the car again. I have too much money invested in it to let it just rot in the garage and I'll never sell it because I probably couldn't get a 3rd or 4th of what I got in it, hell the 2.3 Whipple kit and supporting parts alone was close to $5000.

So what were the final numbers for the whipple? With lock ability on your tranny I thought they would have been great

Ken

We were unable to complete the tune on the car due to spark plug issues, so no power numbers at all.

Dave is correct, I did have some spark issues. Because of that he didn't even get to tuning with the nitrous. I think the next time, whenever that may be, I get him down here to tune I'm going to do it solo so that he has more time to get my car dialed in and I have more time to correct any issues that may arise.

Dave,
I've got my trans. guy on it. He's a hot rodder that has his own trans. business/shop and a bad azz truck with 700 rwhp without a 300 shot of nitrous so I have faith/trust in him.
I figured just thought he might be good for some insight. Hope you get it figured out soon!

I fully understand where you are Keith, my car hasn't ran to my liking since the mods over the winter. Do to that I limped it up to Carlisle and it hasn't moved since. Given everything else going on in my life I will just shoot for it to be up to par for Carlisle 2016.

I can't wait to see what your numbers will look like once you get everything back together.

-Tim

I fully understand where you are Keith, my car hasn't ran to my liking since the mods over the winter. Do to that I limped it up to Carlisle and it hasn't moved since. Given everything else going on in my life I will just shoot for it to be up to par for Carlisle 2016.

I can't wait to see what your numbers will look like once you get everything back together.

-Tim

Tim,
Like I said earlier I still need to get a tune with no issues to really see what it has and I don't have any idea or timeframe of when that would likely be able to happen. My buddy just dropped off my transmission so I'll probably start putting that back in this weekend. I know that once I get it back on the road and get behind the wheel my feelings for the car will be renewed and after not driving it for close to a year it'll probably feel like a rocket ship, even with it's current partial tune............;)

The transmission's in now I'm waiting to get my headers back from my welder buddy. Back when I first installed the wideband I had to get bungs welded to the longtube headers, while on the car, and I had it done at the local muffler shop who of course buggered them all up. So hopefully by next weekend I'll be able to give it a test drive..............:D

Back