Found OEM-style rad fan connector replacement

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
Howdy,

Wanted to do some temp work on the chameleon car but I didn't want to chop up the factory wiring. I found this connector so I'm temporarily using it with a thermostatic relay to kick the fans on at a good temperature.

It's OEM style, and fits the main fan AND the 94-95 pusher fans...I tested both. Despite what it says on the box it should be the same 89-97.

I recall several of my rides through the years had the locking tab in the connector broken...this would be a good replacement in case you wanted it. That's what I''m doing after I put the OEM harness back on.

Last edited:
Btdt? I am not that acronym savy. Sorry Wish I could have posted a link. I saved the site to my laptop. My Ford parts man uses it I think. Seems like we got the a.c. plug from this catalog.

Btdt? I am not that acronym savy. Sorry Wish I could have posted a link. I saved the site to my laptop. My Ford parts man uses it I think. Seems like we got the a.c. plug from this catalog.

BTDT = Been There Done That :)

I think I've crossed-referenced a couple things on the ford site but I didn't know you could purchase from there. I'll have to check it out.

A few weeks back I was also able to source a new oem-style replacement for the green ARC connector for the switch in the console. I've had it melt in multiple cars and the one in the teal car was showing signs of heat deterioration so I'm gonna swap it out. Forgot where I put it but when I find it I'll post pix and part number info for that.

Btdt? I am not that acronym savy. Sorry Wish I could have posted a link. I saved the site to my laptop. My Ford parts man uses it I think. Seems like we got the a.c. plug from this catalog.

googles says 'been there, done that'...

This catalog/pdf [ http://www.fordservicecontent.com/pubs/content/connectors/images/connectorcatalog.pdf ], which I learned about here in the past, is a good reference for Ford connectors.

Like I said, I can't spot the fan connector for my '90 SC, but if someone can weed it out of that pdf I'd like to know, thanks.

Last edited:
So, just to confirm..you guys are correct the early style fans do have a different fan motor/connector. As you may recall the original purpose of me sourcing this connector was I wanted to temporarily make my fans work with a thermostatic relay without making any cuts on the OEM harness....so for reasons I'll post about in a differen thread...that didn't work. I ended up looking for my replacement fan motor but it turns out that it's one for an early car.

Anyone know when the switch happened? I'm going to assume 94? I'll have to check on my 93 and see what kind of fan connector it has. Below is what the early connector looks like. I'll have to edit the title to reflect accuracy.

Last edited:
I need the male portion of that connector which is part of the wiring harness. Anybody know where I can find this?

Thank you.

Good afternoon

I have found good serviceable connectors from 3.8 L engine Continental at the local salvage yard.

Good Luck.

I need the male portion of that connector which is part of the wiring harness. Anybody know where I can find this?

Thank you.

Try your luck in ebay or actually, I was surprised that Rock Auto has some connectors for sale too.

Back