13.13sec. 1/4 @ 104.99mph at Richmond Dragway

HwyStar

Camera ran out of juice after this run. This run was a 13.70 @ 103mph. Still learning to drive the car. But, slicks and WOT box helped a lot. So did a shift light. I set the shift light at 5100 rpm at first then bumped it up to 5300 rpm. With the SCP stage two cam should I be shifting higher? In all reality the time from seeing the light to shifting it's Probly more like 5600 rpm. First run was a 13.70. Then, 13.36. Next, 13.17. Finally, 13.13. I'm sure the car has 12s in it, I just need to get my self sorted out.

Richmond Dragway. Left lane sucks no matter what. Right lane hooks good. Got best 60' and et in the right lane.

That was pretty cool to watch. It looks like you have some type of 2 step to get out of the whole at max boost? What was your 60' time?

Also do you have the hardened axles and whatnot to take the launches like that? Pretty sure if I tried a 2 step and those tires on my car it'd break in 3 places, lol

Yeah, a N2MB. Took a minute to figure it out. Ended up using a relay. To feed the box to get the clutch switch part to work. 60's were 1.83-1.93 range. I was shooting for the 1.8s which is good. Mph was what I expected. I was hoping for 12s in the 1/4 and it felt like it first to half way through third. After that it being heavy takes over, doesn't pull as hard.

I'm using Mark VIII axles with the aftermarket outer joints. Dave was right , the slicks did it. I didn't break anything.

Congrats, and I'm sure you will reach 12s with a little cooler weather. Rule of thumb for shifting, is to shift at 500 rpm past whatever RPM it makes peak HP, so take a look at your most recent dyno sheet.

David

Nice! I need to get my WOT Box hooked up on my 5 speed car. Not sure why I can't see photobucket videos on my computer.

I got a new best with mine of 13.56 at 105 with slow 2.0 60'. So looks like I'd be right with you with some 1.8 60's. I shift around 5k.

If you are starting off at 13.50s, you will be faster than me. But yeah, the WOT box made all the difference. Planting your foot to the floor and dumping it takes less time. I went from 2.1 60's to 1.8s. That and I don't fight the transmission on shifts now either. I think it ranks up there as necessary things to have like a shift light and good tires.

i 2nd the cold weather to help you...
i love watching vids of you guys tearing up the track, it give me inspiration..

That was fun to watch your launch. If I took mine to those kind of rpms I would destroy the axle right away unless I slipped the clutch like crazy. Thanks for the video and nice job.

Chris

You could do it. Two things to remember. One, Dalke pointed out that slicks act like springs and help absorb shock load. Dont use drag radials. Ive destructively proven this. Two, get the hardened outer axle stubs. I used a Doorman universal boot to cover the new bigger joint. If you want part numbers, let me know. Doing this with the WOT box got me from 2.1 sec 60 ft down to 1.7 sec 60 ft dropping the clutch at 4500 rpm.

Man, nothing like that slam out of the hole and the first gear pull into a one-two shift. Feels right!! Not quite as hard as the Lincoln did, but getting there.

Back