Bought a SC Today

Spencer

This is my first time really posting over here on Sccoa, but my name is Spencer and I am 18. I have posted a few times over on tccoa since I have a 96 LX. But I've been been looking to buy a SC for awhile and finally found one that I liked.
TSKAoKg.jpg

kdf6JVU.jpg

Pros:
Body is straight, only a couple of small little dings
20k miles on rebuilt motor, has the paperwork and everything
Starts up and runs, is slightly movable (Because of the clutch)
The lack of rust
The interior (except the drivers seat)
Is a 5 speed
Clean Title
Its a SC!

The bad:
Has been sitting for a couple years
Needs a clutch
Paint has seen much better days
Drivers side seat has seen better days
Has an electrical problem, the drivers side door switches don't work (I'm thinking there is a problem with a wire in the door wiring harness)
Needs new plates/tags
Needs tires

Since I do work at an Auto Shop Right now and am going to go to school for it next year I already have access to all of the tools/resources/most of the knowledge I need to get this road worthy so I think it will be a cool little project!

Last edited:
Nice ride there - nothing wrong with a project. Hopefully you have a paint booth at the auto shop. I would have loved to have an SC at age 18.

I was 19 when I bought my first set of SC's from new jersey off this forum, 8 years later and I just bought my 10th about 2 months ago.

rest assured you have got yourself a project car!

any successful sc owner needs not to attend schooling to have an in-depth understanding of automotive mechanics, in due time, trust, in due time

Nice! It needs a bit of TLC, as you say, but these are tremendous cars. I'm slightly envious of a black SC, but having a black Mustang, I can say that i'd never want a black car ever again, heh heh.

Did someone lower it before? It looks lowered.

I have a few black sc's, including a black ss camaro, a black lincoln ls, and a black harley truck, I wouldn't have it any other way

Thanks everyone, sorry for no responses, have been pretty busy with school and work. The car may have been lowered at some point because getting the car on a twin post hoist is hard because you have to either jack up that side or have someone lift up on the fender to get the arms under it.This weekend I have done a bunch to the car. New plugs and wires, New upper control arms, new sway bar end links front and back, new pads and rotors front and back, new front calipers, 3 all new belts, oil change, fuel filter, new fuel injector on cylinder 4 (was dribbling), and a coolant flush. I worked all day at our shop yesterday doing all of that on my own leisure, and I have to say, hoists make life so much easier! Oh and I got some brand new hankook ventus concept 2s (I think) 245/50/16s mounted and balanced on the wheels. I am hoping sometime next week to get the car registered and to get it on the road!

Thanks everyone, sorry for no responses, have been pretty busy with school and work. The car may have been lowered at some point because getting the car on a twin post hoist is hard because you have to either jack up that side or have someone lift up on the fender to get the arms under it.This weekend I have done a bunch to the car. New plugs and wires, New upper control arms, new sway bar end links front and back, new pads and rotors front and back, new front calipers, 3 all new belts, oil change, fuel filter, new fuel injector on cylinder 4 (was dribbling), and a coolant flush. I worked all day at our shop yesterday doing all of that on my own leisure, and I have to say, hoists make life so much easier! Oh and I got some brand new hankook ventus concept 2s (I think) 245/50/16s mounted and balanced on the wheels. I am hoping sometime next week to get the car registered and to get it on the road!

Very nice car. Seats are available sometimes or you could look athttps://www.supercoupeperformance.com/supercharged-sc-xr7-specific-parts-150?pagenumber=3

Welcome to the new owner!

I was 19 when I bought my first set of SC's from new jersey off this forum, 8 years later and I just bought my 10th about 2 months ago.

rest assured you have got yourself a project car!

any successful sc owner needs not to attend schooling to have an in-depth understanding of automotive mechanics, in due time, trust, in due time

16 when my vice started:D ....Hello I'm Luis and I'm an SC-holic. :cool:

Back