fuel injectors brand a vs. brand b

BUDXR7

Anybody ever gone with the offbrand stuff from eBay? some are no name, another company called Tre. The price is more in the 120-140 range vs. 300-350 for the Delphi or Lucas injectors. They just need to be ev1 body type with high impedance right?

my brother in law has a fuel injection services

Anybody ever gone with the offbrand stuff from eBay? some are no name, another company called Tre. The price is more in the 120-140 range vs. 300-350 for the Delphi or Lucas injectors. They just need to be ev1 body type with high impedance right?

and i can tell you that the ones without brand are more like to fail sooner then the name brands just my 02 cents here based on what he has told me and the injectors they can be cleaned and bring them to their original performance if its not to late…

a fuel injector that it's half clog it's working harder to provide what it's required so sooner or later it will be shot or the coil its going to be working he's way out…

if pulled on time you can clean them back flush ultrasonic clean and instal new filter baskets on them they will work properly ;)

Junk. You've been warned. Don't f around with something so vital to your engine.

Junk. You've been warned. Don't f around with something so vital to your engine.

I won't argue with that. So I guess I'm in the market for some 36-42lb injectors. If used, cleaned and flow matched is preferred unless they are cheap cheap so I can send them out.. Are the gtp injectors plug and play with the ford fuel rail? They look like tall boys compared to our wide bodies.

I won't argue with that. So I guess I'm in the market for some 36-42lb injectors. If used, cleaned and flow matched is preferred unless they are cheap cheap so I can send them out.. Are the gtp injectors plug and play with the ford fuel rail? They look like tall boys compared to our wide bodies.

i can get you a set of 6 from a GTP fully cleaned and tested new o rings & basket filters with 2 year warranty for 89.00 shipped let me know…

i know he has other types of 36s if you want more info pm me and Email or cell to txt you all the info pictures and the whole nine yards...

I wouldn't be trusting anything that cheap, considering most places charge 25-30 per injector for cleaning alone. I'd be afraid at what you're really getting at 89bux. A faulty injector can kill a motor.

Dave, you mentioned in another thread to avoid the GM/Delphi injectors in boosted applications. There are several listings for refurbished gtp injectors on ebay that are either Bosch or Standard. Are these similar design or something different to what you refer?

Refurbished OEM:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151839621894?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

This set appears to be refurbished aftermarket:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301257336103?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

The first set would be in line with $89 mentioned above but the price may = junk.

up to you

I wouldn't be trusting anything that cheap, considering most places charge 25-30 per injector for cleaning alone. I'd be afraid at what you're really getting at 89bux. A faulty injector can kill a motor.
haha thats a shop price he sell them for 180 this is price for me...

For ease of tuning it's best to stick with a brand that is known and supported with Ford specific data. Unlike aftermarket and some other OE engine management software, the Ford EEC requires the tuner to input ACTUAL performance data for the injectors you intend to use. Ford Racing, Deatchwerks, Lucas, and Siemens are the most commonly supported brands. Using other brands of injectors will complicate the tuning process.

I generally recommend Ford Racing 42lb greentops, Lucas 42lb, the new Ford Racing 47lb USCAR, 60lb Seimens, 80lb Seimens, or 95lb and up Deatchworks for E85 or big power. Using other brands or sizes will work, but there is little point. Save money somewhere else if you want to.

On the same note, fuel pumps should not be skimped on. The Walbro GSS340 should be considered the minimum upgrade - be aware of Chinese knock offs on Ebay! Buy only from trusted vendors!, and then the Aeromotive Stealth 340 for any application over 18psi boost.

And finally, there is NO practical reason to EVER install an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

Skimping on these three things have cost a few people their motors and have cost MANY people for wasted tuning sessions at $500 a pop.

I've seen quite a few brand new engines wash out the cylinders and destroy the rings due to cheap knock off injectors

if attempting to save $100 on a set of knock off injectors that don't control fuel very well even if they did function worth rebuilding your freshly built engine? I think not

I only recommend Siemens deka 80s good for just over 600rwhp, if you need more out of them toss on an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and crank them on up to 55psi base pressure which will make them good for about 700rwhp on a v6 engine, if you need more I recommend the bosch 160lb aqua tops with an injector driver, I use them all the time and never any issues

Last edited:
good post, wish id have read this sooner.
i got and installed some 42lb injectors and the car ran great but it ran pig rich.The brand of them im not 100% but they look just like the green giants bosch injectors but they have 4 slotted top and say 42lb on the side. i tried installing both a 75 and 73mm c&l with sample tubes but then it ran veryvery lean. this was according to my afr gauge running off my front drivers side 02. i swicthed it back to stock and it was fine..but then i put all the parts back on and was gonna keep upgrading the car and i took her out for wayyy too hard of a run and blew a HG..

Back