Time to move on

Ryan A Harris

Hey guys,

It looks as though I'm bowing out of the SC game. I haven't driven my 95 in 8 years, too much to get done elsewhere before I'm even going to start back working on it. I've tried over the last year to get her up and running twice & I just hit a wall, either money I don't have to spend or time I can't put into it. I've said a few times that I don't want to quit this project, but in reality, I'm going to have to. I've put so much into this car over the years it hurts just to think about selling it all.

I met my wife in this car club, I started a small business relating to these cars, countless hours of working on my car & many others in the club as well. It's a part of my past that I can't ignore. But in the present, it's too selfish of me to take income & put it towards the SC. I've got 3 kids now, and we are a one income family.

I'm starting off by selling what I know I won't need in the future. At least this way, there is a small chance I can keep her, maybe in less modded way, but still in my garage.

I have a basement full of parts, ask Al or Tony, they have "shopped" at my place before...lol

I need $, not top dollar for these parts, I want to see my parts go to other SC'ers who can use them, or store them for when they will be needed.

95 5speed, black with tan interior, Ford racing cobra R's, custom front mount, MPx with the MP coated rotors, meth injection kit, can't recall name of tuner software, racing seats installed, custom mounted gauges, upgraded front brakes(from a mustang, can't recall the name for them), heads & cam.

Some of the extras:
I have rear bumper covers both early & late model
Stock 95 wheels
After market 17" wheels
SCT chip
Late model tail light set ( trunk lights & tail lights)
Aftermarket gauges
Spare super chargers
Spare rear seats ( 2 sets)

Please email me at
ryanharris700@hotmail.com
If you are looking for anything, it needs to go, all reasonable offers will accepted!

I'm sorry to hear that you are throwing in the towel. It is for all the right reasons and perfectly understandable. I'm hoping that you will still participate with the club as you are a valued and knowledgeable member that has put a lot in. I hope I can restore your faith in the organization.
If I had the space, I would buy your whole project from you because the direction you were going with it is awesome.
Alan

Well, I'm working on it now. I have been convinced over the winter by both Kendra & my dad to keep it. In the last month or 2 I have been slowly adjusting how I look at & work on the car now. It's a long process, I'm not going to be done in a weekend, I want to enjoy my build, get my kids involved a little too.

Too update on where I stand now on the SC:
Engine is pretty much ready to be pulled out.
Still sorting out parts into sell/keep/toss piles.
Planning my next step(s) as for what to do after engine & Trans. are out. This will be what I have been waiting for. Fix up all damaged wires, clean up & paint engine bay(probably flat black).

Not going to get too far ahead of myself, this WILL get done, then I can see if I keep it or not. I'm pretty sure once I drive it, it'll be staying

How long did your father have his old Ford project in the garage for? I'm trying to remember what you told us, was it something like 30 years? You're just being impatient! ;):D

Glad to hear that you're sticking with it.

cheers
Ed

I'm glad you're staying the course as well, Ryan. I understood your reasoning before when you said it was time to move on. If you need any help, let me know. I help with what I can.
Alan
P.S. Time to change the title of this thread.

Last edited:
Ryan,
You know how I feel man, I'm just glad we can all hold you to it now haha.
Keep at it, even if its a bit at a time. It will be worth it first time you roll it out.

Drew

After today's outcome, I need cash flow. I'm going to be listing everything I have for sale. I'm extremely pissed off over this outcome, but in reality I don't see this project getting completed anytime soon by me.

late model blower

Any supercharger better than stock on the first cars? Any other parts like a upgrade MAF or throttle body?

Back