Had a rotten time at the shootout I hope that more people had fun than me

you are right rich

Nothing wrong with blowing off some steam. I know sometimes at the shootout I look around and have no idea what the heck is going on and where. Took me until 10:30am Saturday to figure out where to get my packet of information from registration. I think the main this, don't be bashful to ask somebody. Everyone is there to have fun and everyone involved wants you to have fun, and you to eat food. I expect your azz to be 1-10 car number next year!!! We late registered Sarah last year because I didn't know if we would have her car ready in time and she didn't get a t-shirt. When it comes down to it, its pretty tough to organize an event with a bunch of people, so I try to do my best to make everyone's life easy involved.

Chris Homan

I started my car and watched it jump into gear and drive thru my pit and hit my other trailer. .....Rich

OMGosh Rich, meeeeeee too, but luckily I had an open yard in front of me so I didn't hit anything! Glad no one was hurt in your fiasco :)

Registered late myself, did so because I wasn't sure if I was racing. Gave it a shot, made one pass and called it for the day. Doesn't matter, has never mattered to me if I race, it's about being with friends and "hoping" things go as planned and if not, I just got to spend 3 days with a GREAT group of people!! There is not another club that I know of with such a tight knit group that is more than willing to do whatever is needed, whenever is needed to get together and have fun!

Also, folks need to keep in mind that almost ALL of the planning happens from people living in different states. In my opinion they do a FABULOUS JOB and have done so at every event I have attended.

OMGosh Rich, meeeeeee too, but luckily I had an open yard in front of me so I didn't hit anything! Glad no one was hurt in your fiasco :)

Registered late myself, did so because I wasn't sure if I was racing. Gave it a shot, made one pass and called it for the day. Doesn't matter, has never mattered to me if I race, it's about being with friends and "hoping" things go as planned and if not, I just got to spend 3 days with a GREAT group of people!! There is not another club that I know of with such a tight knit group that is more than willing to do whatever is needed, whenever is needed to get together and have fun!

Also, folks need to keep in mind that almost ALL of the planning happens from people living in different states. In my opinion they do a FABULOUS JOB and have done so at every event I have attended.

I seen your car in a picture, getting read you head down the track. Never seen you go though. How did your car run?

chris

I seen your car in a picture, getting read you head down the track. Never seen you go though. How did your car run?

chris

like butt... :) I made one trip down during the qualifying pass. We never got a chance to tune it and didn't want to chance hurting something. So I just loaded it up. But it was seriously the first time the car had hit the road since last year's shootout. Drove it there and back so all in all, I am not complaining. We'll get it figured out and I'll be bringing it back.

Not like it hasn't been said before but I just have to stick my two cents in here.
================================================
Bitch Bitch Bitch.... You all made it there, we all didn't. First miss in eight years!

I've been with a car, I've been there without a car, I've been there with a busted car, I've been there with a rental car. Through dripping radiators and engine fires and busted brakes and more, it's always something. But I have always raced and always driven home. Well except for the rental car. I drove that back to the airport.... after we raced it of course! That's the quality of the people you meet - they make sure you get home!

And each time the experience was different and each time the experience was fun. And sometimes you just have to make your own fun. If you're going to sit on the sidelines and expect someone to grab your hand and drag you around you're in for a boring time. To be involved you have to get involved. Don't know anyone? Grab someone and say hi. Don't know what the schedule for food is? Walk over the the bar-bee-q and ask the cooks. Better yet, volunteer to help the cooks and I guarantee you will get a chance to meet everyone! Want to meet someone new? Join in the annual beer pong tournament!

Anyone who says they had a suckie time wasn't trying hard enough to have a good time. Now, start making plans for next year, because there is clearly a much better time to be had than this year.

Listen. Its rough showing up to an event first time and really not knowing whats going on. For those that go every year they know each other and they know the entire process. You are being a bit hard on the guy. When I went to the shootout I didn't race my car because there was NOWAY IN HELL I WAS BLOWING UP THAT FAR FROM HOME! But I remember my first event. Not knowing many people. Feeling semi out of place. Everyones experience is different.

All I can say is give it another shot...And if you are worried about racing....There is always the All Ford Nats at Carlisle. Best car show around!!! Either way its worth going to an event just to talk tbird crap..I mean WHERE ELSE CAN YOU DO THAT@

Damon,

Steve has attended the Shootout numerous times, and I think the previous year he attended he bought one 50/50 ticket at the Awards Banquet and won the pot. Not sure what all the Who Ha is about :rolleyes:

David

Damon,

Steve has attended the Shootout numerous times, and I think the previous year he attended he bought one 50/50 ticket at the Awards Banquet and won the pot. Not sure what all the Who Ha is about :rolleyes:

David

Well in that case it still comes down to expectations. I generally keep mine low so I'm never disappointed!

Back