2015 Shootout results and pics

I won the Dyno competition.

I went with all intentions of scaring neibert with my shear talent and fire balls at the starting line. It was all going according to plan until I blew the tires off on my qualifying pass for a poopy 11.6. So I got bumped to pro street and had to race Kurt, he rolled the beams like a top fuel car, then I thought he was gonna deep stage me, cuz hey, it's Kurt. :p.

I didn't break anything.

Last edited:
It was a butt Dyno competition, zimmerly, dalke, and Casey said it pulled hard. No actual Dyno this year. Shoulda taken Duane for a ride, since he's most credible butt dyno

In Pat's car the butt dyno told me we were deep in the 10's only to find out my butt let me down and we were only running mid 11's. :)

Very quick car for as heavy as it is. The butt dyno approves.

In Pat's car the butt dyno told me we were deep in the 10's only to find out my butt let me down and we were only running mid 11's. :)

Very quick car for as heavy as it is. The butt dyno approves.

I'll let your butt slide this time. "Problem" with the car is the higher end. It runs out of steam. Pulls off the line GREAT, then that's that. The fuses they are using in my car can only pull 1300 amps before they blow. The electric motors can handle more. They've just developed a microchip that acts as a fuse. It runs off a lithium battery and monitors current. Once it hits 1500 amps, it has a pyrotechnic that blows and shuts things down. I assume 1500 amps is what the motors and other electronics can handle. THAT upgrade ($5k for parts alone) will get me a 10.8, they say. No one has been able to get better than 11.6 though.

Then again, IF they can run a 10.8, $5k to drop almost a second in the quarter? Ummmm, yeh. . . :D

Back