Ontario Chapter re-boot

ALS35

SCCoA Member
I'd like to get things going again in the Ontario Chapter. This will take some time but I believe the interest is out there.
1. Let's start with creating some new lines of communication. I can be reached via PM, and it is tied to my e-mail at work so it comes to my Blackberry immediately. I should respond within hours.
2. I also would like to compile a new e-mail list so that I can send notice of any events, meets, plans etc. directly to members. Please send me a PM with your e-mail address so that I might get this rolling. I have opened a G-mail account so that I can accomplish this from home. I will answer you with that e-mail so that you get the address.
3. Meets. I would like if you could send me information about what you feel is the best time and area to hold meets. They can move around and I am sure that as car club members you will not mind a bit of a drive to attend functions.
4. Wrench meets. We can all use some experienced hands or even just enthusiastic hands to get us over the hump on our projects. If you are needing help, send me a message and I will do my best to co-ordinate help for you. There is a lot of knowledge in this Chapter that can and should be passed on and around. Working on our cars shouldn't be a secret. We are all working to better and preserve the mark. I know there are members that could benefit from this help and begin to enjoy their rides again.
5. New members. I have met at least one person that would be a member if I could show him some activity and interest. He saw my car at the store down the street and it motivated to fix his car that has been sitting for 11 years! Once this is rolling again, try to bring in new people.
6. Cruise nights. There are cruise nights all over the place during the summer season. In my area alone there is something for car nuts every night of the week. I would like to be able to show up to some of these as a group. I think the visual impact would be amazing and also spark up more interest in the club.

We have a history of being the most active Chapter in the SCCOA and I hope to revive the spirit. I took Tony with me to the Shootout and now he wants to take his car next year. I have heard a rumor that the Shootout may be closer to us next year. This is the premier event of the SCCOA and the people you will meet are amazing.
I'm happy to be taking on the organizational side of this Chapter and I am looking for input and ideas from you guys. (see communication above)
So that's it so far. Who's still out there?
Alan

P.S. I forgot to mention that I would like your name along with your e-mail.

Last edited:
some good stuff there Al, we need a little action though tough time of year now lol. But your the guy to get us back in gear.
I know there is lots of guys out there that still remember and love these cars. I drove mine to work last week one day cause I had some repairs to do on my expo.
Got some nice comments from a few guys that didn't know I had it. Also stopped at eastcourt to pick up the hubs for the truck and a few mechanics were checking it out when I cam out. They couldn't believe the condition of the car and a few said they've never seen one in years lol. Also were shocked it was still stock haha. Anyway would be great to get some local interest and a few garage days would be appreciated by a few guys I am sure.
Sent ya my email.
Drew

Last edited:
Alan, I've taken the liberty of sticking this thread to the top of the forum so that it doesn't get pushed down by newer postings.

Let's hope that we can get some activity going for the SCCoO gang again.

cheers
Ed

Al

Still around.

I was on cruise control with Red with all in cost at $100.00 per yr.

Splurged this yr and threw $1500.00 in maintenance at it. Damn:eek:

Blacky has to have some timing taken out of it.

Washed down on 93 and I have switched to Shell Nitro 91 which has made a vast improvement.

Picked up 7 mpg and probably saved the engine.

3 yrs of trouble free since build, I guess I can't complain.

Totally involved with house reno currently. (mine)

Just can't do 2.5 hr drives for meals that aren't as good as mine. Lol

Paul

92dealerdemo

I have been a member sort of since 2011. Been busy rebuilding the car in spare time. Almost done! ?? Any way interested in being involved with the Ontario chapter.

Al

Just can't do 2.5 hr drives for meals that aren't as good as mine. Lol

Paul

Hey Paul;
The restaurant/coffee shop place of meeting is not about the meal, LOL. It's really about a warm in winter,dry when raining, place to sit down and talk about cars with your fellow members.
That being said, please PM me your e-mail address so that I can add you to my gmail SCCoO group.
Alan

I've had a total of 5 responses to my request for e-mail addresses. I would like to create a spread sheet with this info so that I may e-mail it to other members to perhaps speed up communication amongst you.
Also, if you are in contact with other members that may not be as active on this board please let them know about this shout out.
Alan

Alan, we still have the old Yahoo Groups mailing list that we can send email blasts with. I'm sure there are lots of past SC owners on there now, but maybe some who do still have the cars but aren't active here would get the reminder that we're still around.

I'll have to see if I can remember how to make you an admin on that group ...

cheers
Ed

Alan, we still have the old Yahoo Groups mailing list that we can send email blasts with. I'm sure there are lots of past SC owners on there now, but maybe some who do still have the cars but aren't active here would get the reminder that we're still around.

I'll have to see if I can remember how to make you an admin on that group ...

cheers
Ed

That would be great Ed. It would be good if I could transfer it to gmail. I never had much luck with Yahoo.
Alan

Alan, send me a message with the current email address that you're using. I will get your name in that group set up with the proper email, then give you admin privileges.

cheers
Ed

I'm in for a "re-boot". Still have my 92....hasn't moved in years. I think it was five years ago Fraser and I started putting the new motor together. It still sits half assembled and I'm not afraid to admit I need help to finish. Just renewed my membership after reading this. Really miss the good times Stephanie and I had with the Thunderbird and want to enjoy it again. Al I will PM my email address to you.

Back