2016 Carlisle

Ken Seegers

SCCoA Member
I know this is early, but I was able to get the same hotel as last year. It is Park Inn West Harrisburg.
http://www.parkinn.com/hotel-harrisburgwestpa

The prices are:
Thursday 06/02/16 $104.00+taxes
Friday-Saturday 06/03/16- 06/04/16 $133.00+taxes

There is a 2 night minimum for the weekend.
I have a block of 20 rooms blocked. The blocked rooms will be held until 05/05/16, after that they are released first come first serve basis.

Reservations can be made by calling 717-697-0321 or 800-772-7829. Tell them you are part of the Super Coupe Club of America (SCCoA).

Cancellations must be done 7 days prior to arrival or credit card on file will be charged for the original booked dates.

Thanks
Ken

Just missed it last year..

Is the date of event already set? I have never been and i would really like to go in 2016. Ive also never drove an extended trip in my tbird,(i will be driving it down from michigan) and i cant think of a better destination. So any insight is appreciated.

Is the date of event already set? I have never been and i would really like to go in 2016. Ive also never drove an extended trip in my tbird,(i will be driving it down from michigan) and i cant think of a better destination. So any insight is appreciated.

Yes, the All-Fords of Carlisle dates are set in stone. You will enjoy the trip down to Carlisle. We have a blast every year. It is also nice to meet new faces along with the old faces.
I hope you consider making it down.
Ken

Thanks!

Thank you for the quick response! I want nothing more than to pull up to a place and see so many beautiful Thunderbirds, it would be like a dream. Haha. This forum has helped keep my car on the road for years now. I really look forward to this, and meeting all you SC guys. I wont have the nearly the fastest or the prettiest bird at the party but my god some how she still rides smooth and boost well. Until June SC friends!

I just registered for 2016 and save 20% / $11 . It is time to get registered and save some $$ ;)

Hotel

Just tried registering for the Hotel, they don't show super coupe club or SCCOA, has anyone else had a problem?

Two rooms reserved

Called back and have two rooms reserved, must be the first lady was new or something.

Just called the hotel; there are 9 rooms left in our block. Price is just under $145 a night after taxes. My group will probably take 2 or 3 rooms of these 9 left available.

No love for the stock SC's.

Hi everyone. I have a clean black 95- 5 speed, 60 k and was at the show last year. I enjoyed meeting everyone but there seems to be a prejudice on non-modified cars. My car wasn't in one photo and I don't have any interest in doing any modifications to the car since it is a 95- 5 speed with all the options.

Am I just feeling "paranoid" or is this the general consensus of the group? I'm still deciding if I am going to make the trek up from Sunny SC

Dave

Hi everyone. I have a clean black 95- 5 speed, 60 k and was at the show last year. I enjoyed meeting everyone but there seems to be a prejudice on non-modified cars. My car wasn't in one photo and I don't have any interest in doing any modifications to the car since it is a 95- 5 speed with all the options.

Am I just feeling "paranoid" or is this the general consensus of the group? I'm still deciding if I am going to make the trek up from Sunny SC

Dave

this will be my first Carlisle event. I love the stock birds. Mine appears stock, sans the modern wheels (never did like the SC directionals). I intend to keep that look - even the radio and cassette head unit.

In the carlisle registration, we have to pick "no mods" "3 or more mods" "heavily modified". am assuming the show will be organized that way. I'd think you would stand out in the unmodded category with a 95 5 spd at 60k. (Mine BTW has only 57k - we should compare them).

see you there!

Dave

You bring that car! Lots of people may not oooh and ahhh over it but let me tell you there isn't one person in our group that doesn't appreciate how hard it is to keep a stock Supercoupe just that. With parts impossible to find and modifications all too easy to just throw on, keeping a stock Supercoupe is sometimes more of a challenge then modding one. And we've all been there.

Remember, it was the stock version that attracted everyone to the car in the first place! And there are less and less of them out there, let alone in good shape. No, you bring that car to Carlisle and if the people there don't know enough to appreciate the amount of work you have put into it you can take solace in the fact that every other Supercouple owner there appreciates what you've done.

And speaking of being paranoid, just because you don't see the pictures doesn't mean they aren't being taken. :)

Thanks for the support

I know the challenges of keeping her original! I just changed the factory belts and hoses. Next original plugs and wires...keeping the original black paint and grey leather interior for a SC in SC is tough!!

BTW- what is everyone's thoughts about getting the windows tinted? It is almost necessary in the south

Dave

Sometimes wish mine was stock. I like a stock SC thats been lowered. Yeah thats not stock but it is mostly. Tint the windows! Looks extra sweet on a black SC.

Dave

I remember looking at your car, been going to Carlisle for so many years the majority of my pictures are non Thunderbird SC related when I go at this point. Your Black SC and the 94/95 Mist on Blue Leather SC (also bone stock) where 2 of my favorites. Very nice stock examples.

Also last year was when everyone rolled in from the Midwest too - for me I spent time looking them over for I had seen them for years online but not in person. Or they have documented their builds/improvements/mods over the year and I wanted to see the fruits of their labor.

My guess is the modified cars get more pictures for it gives the owners of a stock SC direction on the mods they want to do to their own...least this was the case for me when I first started tinkering with these cars.

Hope to see ya on the show field this year.

-Tim

Last edited:
Maybe I will bring my '95 5 speed so he doesn't feel like he's the only person with one. ;)

Still not sure if I can make it though......

Back