Just got a 90 and have some questions

Zodiac

So i just picked this up a couple week ago and i love it already, its very clean but has a couple problems.

I'm pretty sure the valve cover gaskets are leaking, i just ordered a set today. That shouldn't be that hard to replace. The power steering has to be leaking somewhere, it was filled 3 weeks and is starting to get low again. I can hear it when turning.

Sometimes when i'm at idle it likes to die. It starts dropping RPMs down to about 800 then will come back up for a second or so then back down lower and lower every time. I'm don't really have any idea why it's doing that.

I couldnt get the pictures to upload so they are here.

Does the front light up as well?

Sorry I dont have the answer for you question. Mine does the same periodically only after running then shutting off and restart hot. On restart(occasionally) it will kick down to base idle then drop into almost a stall and then float between base and stall untill it finds base and usually smooth out after some rough idle. That is with out manipulating throttle. It hasent stalled yet but compared to how perfectly it starts cold and gradually comes down to idle it has me concerned so if you figure out what it is id be interested to know.

Last edited:
Does anyone else have problems like oil coming out of the dipstick? I just replaced the PCV valve in hopes that was the problem, but it wasnt. The oil is coming out the dipstick and going all over the driver side wheel well and then drips down to the headers then smokes... its really annoying

zodiac are you still on here?

Hey
I have some questions regarding how you backlit your rear bumper. You still around?

I'm kinda still around...
I have no idea how it works, the previous owner had it up on a lift and couldn't figure it out either

Well if you ever figure it out it would be cool to know the way it was accomplished.

Ever figure out your issue with it blowing oil?

Back