Winter Upgrades for 2016

davec73

SCCoA Member
Well its that time of year again! I havnt posted much on here lately but I figured I would let everyone know what I have planned for the coming year. I missed my first shootout in several this year and hope not to miss any more in the future! Well Here is what I have planned for this year!

1. New Custom hood with quick latch hood pins and custom grille.
2. Custom paint (E4 red with Red Ice pearl)
3. SCU bushing kit for rear
possibly coil overs

Not a big list right? lol we all know how that turns out but I have High hopes for how it is going to turn out, kind of feels like the end of the yellow brick road.

Attachments

• paint.jpg
    paint.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 446
  • paint2.jpg
    paint2.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 504
  • paint3.jpg
    paint3.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 390
  • paint4.jpg
    paint4.jpg
    352 KB · Views: 500
  • paint5.jpg
    paint5.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 529
page 2

page 2 of pics

Attachments

• paint7.jpg
    paint7.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 503
  • paint8.jpg
    paint8.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 513
  • paint9.jpg
    paint9.jpg
    352.7 KB · Views: 393
  • paint10.jpg
    paint10.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 424
  • paint11.jpg
    paint11.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 512
That hood will take a lot of fitting around the lights or so Im told. I have my car in a thousand pieces going a different direction. Would love changing up the paint but have no time to go that far this winter

Ken

Interested to see the pearl.
You can only see it when the light hits it and it looks metallic. It should match up really well with the effect of the carbon fiber. It's getting late model door handles and trim painted body color and I'm going to shave the prehistoric antenna.

That hood will take a lot of fitting around the lights or so Im told. I have my car in a thousand pieces going a different direction. Would love changing up the paint but have no time to go that far this winter

Ken
For once this is as far apart as it is going to get ken. Paint is and always has been the last step for me.

Looking forward to seeing it after paint. Suggest spending the extra money to get the underside of the hood looking nice too.

David

Interested to see the pearl.
It is somewhere between these two chris. It will be alot more subtle on my car like the supra because of the shade of red.

Attachments

• Supe1.jpg
    Supe1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 470
  • 1efd4435274e9cc22f9a5b1c22def3db.jpg
    1efd4435274e9cc22f9a5b1c22def3db.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 436
It won't be anything like the darker one I only put that pic on there to show the effect in the light. You can only see the pearl in the light. I have decided to go solid color on all the trim and late model door handles. I am probably going to delete the keypad as well.

Well I decided to scrap painting the whole car because I didn't like the ice pearl sample but it is getting painted where it needs it and any damage ( rust ) is being repaired. Should be done within the next month or so.

keep on keepin on bro.
it's coming along. The hood is 99% done, top, trunk lid and ground effects are ready for paint. The quick latch hood pins, fox grille and rocker replacement are all I'm waiting on. I will post pics soon......

Back