My red 93 SC with 5.0L conversion for sale (pix)

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
Reluctantly I have to put up for sale my 93 SC 5.0L Automatic. I’m not a big fan of the automatic or the 5.0L conversions on SC’s but when this car popped up for sale many years ago I got a great deal from a local tbird enthusiast and friend. So simply, I couldn’t pass it by. This car has been my work horse for several years. By that I mean it has saved me when I’m working on my other cars & driven in rain/snow when my others get stashed away….so it was not a daily driver. Under my ownership the car really has been driven maybe 3-4k miles per year or less. I think in 2015 I’ve driven the car less than 1k miles. I’ve replaced a great deal stuff on this ride thinking I was going to keep it for long, but something else has caught my eye and I’m afraid this one has to go. I simply will not have the time to work on it any longer. Paint’s faded, miles are high but she’s got potential and that’s why I’ve kept it all these years.

Car is originally a 93 SC automatic (correct 64R VIN # for a Super Coupe so not a supped up Sport or LX model) which was converted to a 5.0L engine from a mustang before I (or even the previous owner) acquired it. Factory options include:

• Auto lamp & auto dim mirror (no automatic switch of high beams though)
• Keyless & remote entry
• Electric antenna (doesn’t retract all the way)
• Sunroof
• Tweed interior (drivers bolster needs repair since I bought it)

Originally this car did not come with a VMM but either the previous owner or I installed a working unit since all 93’s come pre-wired for the VMM. However, because it was not fitted with VMM from the factory it’s missing the necessary sensors for washer, coolant, etc. I had washer & coolant bottles with sensors to install….If I can dig those out they will be included with the car. About a year ago I sourced a correct 93 VMM with push button and that’s what is currently installed in the car.

The mileage is high on engine and body (200k+ on body I was told), but the Engine runs strong although it does burn a little oil as many 5.0L’s do. Trans shifts fine and I believe there is a shiftkit installed but never knew which brand. Although there are some questionable wires around the front of the engine bay the 5.0L conversion appears to have been done correctly as I’ve used the car for several years with no odd issues that are attributable to a botched conversion. Since my ownership there have been several items that have been replaced. I try to stick with OEM or Motorcraft whenever possible. Some details can be seen in this link:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthr...torcraft-parts-(pix)&highlight=motorcraft+pix

• Replaced Radiator (autozone)
• Replaced alternator (autozone)
• Replaced starter Motorcraft if I remember correctly
• Replaced ignition cylinder (autozone)
• Replaced both window regulators w refurbed units with new bushings
• Replaced timing chain & sprocket, timing chain gasket, front main seal & water pump
• FULL Motorcraft tune ups done…(fuel filter, oil filter, air filter, plugs, wires, pvc valve, coil, distributor cap & rotor, IAC valve)
• Replaced headlights with used clearer set & clear corners
• Installed OEM NOS Keyless entry pad & gasket
• Motorcraft rotors & pads front/rear
• Eibach 1.5” lowering springs
• KYB shocks
• New shock bearings
• Replaced one of the front hubs with NOS OEM Ford hub/bearing assembly & wheel nut
• Replaced broken VMM w correct 93 version with push button (not hole)
• Aftermarket radio with Aux in

Areas that will need attention

• Full front end suspension overhaul (has squeaky bushings & clunking sounds)
• Steering pump & rack replacement (pretty steady leak from rack & growling pump…had to top of fluid weekly).
• New exhaust tips welded (car had big tips welded in the back…that have rusted off so fumes are coming into the cabin)
• Windshield polished or replaced (is very hazy)
• Will need tires soon…current set is Yokohama AVS’s…still good tread but shows some aging and cracks in the rubber.
• Does have a battery drain which I suspect is the fan blower motor (can hear the blower stay on after car is shut off)
• Cracks in the dash...pretty sure I have a dash cover that will be included
• Leaky fuel pump carrier gasket (smell of fuel when filling up tank...i usually don't fill it all the way)
• Pass side cowling probably needs refitted as I saw some moisture in the carpet
• Rust bubbles right below gas tank door & rust inside engine bay
• Rust bubbles on driver side lower fender…looks to be all surface, worst case new fender would fix
• A/C repairs (never worked since I bought the car) I tested the compressor long ago and that worked….maybe an empty system due to a leak that has to be traced .

Main reason I’m selling the car is the money, labor and time required to do the front end overhaul & steering rack/pump replacement. I could spend that same time and effort in the chameleon car and my other projects. The car is a handful that will require some work but it’s a good base to start from. The big pluses on this car are the new suspension components and, of course, the completed 5.0L conversion.

Asking price is a moderate $1500 for SCCoA members (registered forum member with posts or SCCoA member number :)) in hopes it goes to a good home who will bring the car back up to great shape. I may also throw it in ebay in the next few days. She could be a very reliable old girl with some elbow grease, time and patience. As it sits, even with the leaky steering rack, I would not hesitate to drive the car about an hour from my current location if there is an interested party. Any interest you can post here, PM or preferably send me an email. My email address is my same SCCoA user name at gmail….thats C…SC at gmail

On to some pix. These were taken today 12/19/15

These others are just random pix of the car, first two are leaving work one night :)

Last edited:
Update 12/26/15...As I was waiting to show the car to an interested party the radiator sprang a leak in the drivers side plastic tank. I took a video of the location of the leak but a new radiator will be necessary. I will adjust the original posted price to accommodate for a radiator replacement. Motivated seller.

Vid:

this didnt sell on ebay?

It did multiple times, but I shoulda known better though. All bidders had low feedback and were never heard from after the auction ended. Will be relisting it again and cancelling any bids from users with low feedback.

Interested in a lifted jeep? needs a lot of work but has a lot of parts with it. Its a 98 Grand Cherokee v8

if ur close want my 5speed 96' 300gt for it? runs and drives great and will have 100's worth of new sensors installed..ive already drove it 4 hours starit with no issue other than what ive fixed..

pm me if so

Last edited:
Hey bro, hit me up !! Sent you an E-mail on CL. Send me a text or call me. 540-305-4741

Chris C. ( You helped me get my '78 Cobra and Turbo Coupe...you know me mofo lmao)

I see the car has hit ebay

Had it on ebay several times, but not at the present. I guess it's a "thing" doing random bids, always got bidders with low feedback and would never hear back. Last time I posted it however, guy reached out and even sent a deposit. But that may fall through...he's in TX and apparently in the area that is really affected by the flooding. Going to give him some time and reach back see if we can finalize the deal.

Will keep you all posted!

Back