5.0 Coyote Swap Project Thread

Great work Josh, so often you see projects like this stall out and never hit the road. Do you think an NA Coyote would clear the stock MN12 hood? I'm guessing not. I know the front mount throttle body pokes up pretty high and forward. Last night at a local meet I was looking at a Coyote swapped 4-eyed Fox Mustang, and it had a small rise cowl hood for clearance.

cheers
Ed

Looking good there Josh, great job! :)

Joe

Great work Josh, so often you see projects like this stall out and never hit the road. Do you think an NA Coyote would clear the stock MN12 hood? I'm guessing not. I know the front mount throttle body pokes up pretty high and forward. Last night at a local meet I was looking at a Coyote swapped 4-eyed Fox Mustang, and it had a small rise cowl hood for clearance.

cheers
Ed

I don't think so, a cowl hood would be recommend. I lowered my AJE K member one inch to clear the SC and intake.

Josh,

Car looks great !

David

That's one sweet bird!! Nice work

Thanks guys, this was a long time coming. Never really got to enjoy the car when it had the SVO or Tork Tech kit when the motor was NPI and than a built PI motor. This would be the first time in 5-6 years I've actually got to enjoy this car, last year NA Coyote and now.

I went to a car show yesterday near Milwaukee to meet a fabricater who specializes roll cages and drag car stuff. He is going to weld up my side boom tube exhaust this week. Next year when I get back from my deployment he will make some subframe connectors and install the roll cage. Body work and paint to follow.~

Drove to the car show while datalogging. My tuner asked for some 2500-5000 WOT pulls on the street. Man that was nerve racking, I was breaking the tires loose in 3rd. This thing is a beast and fun to drive. The Manuel rack steering is a little tough on slow turns but I can handle it.~

When the exhaust is done I'll post a few videos.

Thanks again guys, I appreciate all the comments. Sorry for the delay.

Back