1990 Anny on Ebay

If all you guys want to be is sarcastic, that's cool too. But I've seen worse with less miles. So rather than dog it out just for the sake of dogging it out (like anyone here would buy it anyway) ask yourself a few questions:

1) Look at the overflow tank. I've seen a few that were that clean all the way down to the radiator feed hose, but they are rare, and they were all low mileage.

2) Consider that the dents all appear to have been caused by someone backing into it. None appear to be collision damage.

3) Look at the ground effects, particularly the bottom parts where the teeth are all in pristine shape. Note the complete lack of rock chips. If the driver were actually that careless so as to cause the body damage up higher, they would have most likely first knocked into a few random curbs.

4) Yes, the paint is shot and so is the interior. But it's not stained, it's dry rotted from sitting. Totally normal for a car stored outside for 25 years.

5) I'd be quite curious why the seller would list the car as having 105K miles when the odometer clearly states 15K and the car report also states 14K as the last recorded mileage. Why would you say 105K if all documentation states 15k? It doesn't matter if he is a greasy salesman, if the car has documented mileage discrepancies, it's a major offense to lie about it. Maybe the odometer hasn't worked in 20 years. Curious.

6) Engine bay has obviously been cleaned up, but a curious absence of chips/dings in the compartment makes me wonder. All the bolts look like brand new.....

I'm not suggesting it's a gold nugget nor even that it's worth the $3600 asking price, but if it really had been abused like some of you are suggesting, at least the motor mounts would have gone bad by now.... Just saying, stranger things have happened.....

Thank you Dave for stating what some of us are thinking. It serves no purpose to trash something by pointing out the obvious without giving any constructive critics.

Thank you Dave for stating what some of us are thinking. It serves no purpose to trash something by pointing out the obvious without giving any constructive critics.

If you think constructive criticism will educate a used car salesman, I've got a low mileage Yugo with your name on it ;)

As for Dave, he popped off without all the facts, got called out for it, then admitted his mistake, so I'm chalking that up to spiked eggnog.

Last edited:
Ec

If you think constructive criticism will educate a used car salesman, I've got a low mileage Yugo with your name on it ;)

As for Dave, he popped off without all the facts, got called out for it, then admitted his mistake, so I'm chalking that up to spiked eggnog.

You have obviously missed the point. It is not about the sales person but the people on this site like me who are real enthusiastic about these cars. For that matter, my 35th anniversary was in the exact same shape. Every one saw a piece of junk where I saw diamond in rough. As Dave point it out they are signs that are dead give away.

We are at different level and this why YOU have the yugo with my name on it and I don't have one. I could lower myself to your level and agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Well this got out of hand didn't it? Stated nothing but facts fellers. Fact is car needs work....as I said before, It's a risky purchase. God knows I'd jump on the risk for the right price.

Looks like someone bought it for $4150

I think the auction just ended, no buyer.

Back