1991 supercoupe Vs 1996 firebird formula lt1?

BigTbirdcoupe

Ok guys I bought a ragged supercoupe about a 3 weeks ago. Did tons of upkeep on her [my post supercoupe bucks at boost] new ,hg,fuel pump, fuel filter, cam sensor, I gutted cats and I cut open the muffler in the middle of the car open gutted out the tubes and re welded the muffler. Also found a screamin demon coil at a junkyard on a supercoupe with some live wires all for 25$ hehe. I removed the air intake silencer, other than that it's automatic completely stock and has dry rotted tires lol. My buddies 1996 formula is also auto it has a lt1 350 and we cut off his rotten muffler to, he also has ls1 style cold air with a nice functional ram air hood.

You are better off removing the resonator all together. Worst part of the stock exhaust.port the stock manifold collector's. Get a double ic with a fan. It should be a close race. Make sure your belts and tensioners are in good shaoe. Ie no belt slip

From what you've said here you're gonna get hosed. He has a lighter car with 285hp, you have maybe 240hp.

will be a pretty even race to about 60ish and then that v8 gonna pull off on you...
my 94 got whooped by my brothers hyundai veloster turbo, al he had was an intake..by 60 was about 2 cars infront of me and 100ish was gone...
sad day for me when i lost to a hyundai and my little brother, maby now that my cars gonna be built if no one buys it im gonna run him in a grudge match that im betting ille win do to my whole topend being aftermarket performance, i beter win or i swear im done with these 6'rs....

91 sc vs. 06 gxp

Guy at work just picked up an 06 pontiac gxp. Pretty sure I should not be putting the sc up against it in stock form but would it even be close in a stop light to stop light race?

Ooops, I meant to start a new thread not reply to this one. Anyway any guesses

Last edited:
my 3000gt will tackle ur sc and maby keep up with the gxp...the few mods sofar are opening it up and the 5speed is such a help when you know how to drive well..lol i cant belive my 180hp 3000gt is faster than my 94 sc auto was...for shame..
with the 3k ille atleast keep up untill 70ish from the line..

Back