anyone have some old parts I'm in suffolk?

BigTbirdcoupe

Hey I'm new with the supercoupe and this forum but I have found finding good parts for these cars are expensive and hard to find because not every performance site sells sc parts. I'm in the eastern va area in Suffolk and I just bought a pretty beat up sc but she runs great now that I've went through her. Now that I'm confident this little motor is gonna gold up I wanna put some stress on her. That being said if anyone local to me that has any performance parts such as headers, bigger throttle body, bigger maf, performance ecu or chip, overdrive pulleys I would like to start around a 7% then maybe a 10% nothing much larger, aod manual valvebodys, bigger ic, cold air intake, k&n filter, I want to make this sleeper fly and eat some camaros ,firebirds, and mustangs of around the same year. I know it's not hard to do because there already pretty fast but my other two toys are a 90 twin turbo 300zx with over 500hp a 72 c10 with about 400hp which are much faster than all my friends cars so I gotta start with something that will compete with them the supercoupe it's a little slower than most there cars right now but a couple nights on the lift she should blowing past them hehehe. Any used parts for free or cheap I'll consider.

Welcome, I don't have any performance parts laying around anymore but another local guy was selling some parts in the for sale forum, his handle is z90sc. He might have more stuff laying around besides what he listed on this forum, give him a pm.

A friend of mine who has gotten out of the supercoupe game stopped by today and he has a few parts laying around, some performance, that he's going to sell. He did mention a MP 10% crank pulley and a double intercooler so when he sends me pics of the parts and what he wants for them I'll put them on this forum.

Sweet

I Pm'ed the guy you told me to he has a couple parts left he gave me his phone number so he can text me some pics of stuff. The 10% crank pulley is a bigger sc drive pulley on the crank instead of a smaller one on the sc?

Last edited:
Yes it is...........:)

FYI.......The friend with the 10% crank pulley is a different person, not z90sc.

Gotcha wasn't thinking he even was lol. But yeah if your buddie has one, either a od jackshaft, crank, or sc pulley I'll defiantly buy it if I don't buy one new first, also any Xtra headers I'll buy to. I'm new to the thunderbird sc, have had fair share of 5.0 foxes and v8 ford 4wd trucks. I've found parts to be hard to find for these cars (performance parts anyhow) unlike there fox and truck cousins. Hence prolly why I picked it up from VA Beach after finding on craigslist about a month ago for couple hundred bucks! After some tinkering and exhaust mods, fuel pump, head gaskets, and finding a donor car at the u pull it yard was able to get a screamin demon coil and live wires 30 bucks lol. Now she runs fantastic and I wanna boost her up a little harder. This is not my only boosted car so I am pretty good at what I'm doing (more or less not a dummy) when it comes to making a good setup. My other car is a 1990 300zx twin turbo making 450hp at 14psi daily tune and 600hp race day tune with 110 octane and 19psi peaking at around 725 wheel hp at around 20psi on a stock engine with every bolt on including larger turbos injectors tune ect! I bought this car to run with my friends because the Z on street tune still wipes everyone away. Well the supercoupe is now on the low side of our squad in terms of quickest (couple of firebird trans ams one ws6 one auto, a ls1 camaro, and a buddie has a 86 5.0 on a 150 shot )all street cars but I'm neck am neck with my buddies bone stock 1996 firebird right now I'm gonna show a couple of these young bucks how the slowest car in the bunch can become one of the fastest in a couple weekends and a couple hundred bucks later lol. So first I wanna do the simple and the cheapest like pulleys, chip, intake kit blah blah

So first I wanna do the simple and the cheapest like pulleys, chip, intake kit blah blah

It sounds like you have some bad azz rides my friend...........:eek:

If it's an auto a set of 3.73 gears really wakes up these cars. Adding boost adds heat to the air charge which I know you already know so a double intercooler with a fan will help. A small nitrous wet shot also wakes these cars up and cools the air charge so that's a double good thing in my opinion. If you get a Moates Quarterhorse chip and the associated files it allows you to tune OBD I cars through a program you download to a laptop and gives you real time tuning instead of flashing a tune to a chip and hoping for the best. You sound like you know your stuff and I'm sure that everything I've mentioned is nothing new.

I'm hoping to finally getting a 10 sec. 1/4 mile time slip with my setup come spring.................:rolleyes:

I was planning on hooking up a fan to the intercooler if your buddy has that double send some pics I'd like to get off him if for reasonable $$. Does the double on these cars run with the same charge piping? Also have a nice size front mount came off a buddies rx7 looks like there's pretty decent room behind the bumper and such do you know anyone who has a front mount done?

I was planning on hooking up a fan to the intercooler if your buddy has that double send some pics I'd like to get off him if for reasonable $$. Does the double on these cars run with the same charge piping? Also have a nice size front mount came off a buddies rx7 looks like there's pretty decent room behind the bumper and such do you know anyone who has a front mount done?

A double i/c fits in the stock location and uses the stock piping. There's been many installations of front mount intercoolers and I've done a few. My current '94sc has a huge front mount, look at my garage pics on the link in my signature, I've modified just about everything on the car.

Attachments

• new ic pics without bumper 035.JPG
    new ic pics without bumper 035.JPG
    372.6 KB · Views: 198
  • new ic pics without bumper 032.jpg
    new ic pics without bumper 032.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 197
  • 2.3 Whipple pics 3 003.JPG
    2.3 Whipple pics 3 003.JPG
    358 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
I see spray

A double i/c fits in the stock location and uses the stock piping. There's been many installations of front mount intercoolers and I've done a few. My current '94sc has a huge front mount, look at my garage pics on the link in my signature, I've modified just about everything on the car.

How much hp is that wet shot u got going in the manifold

I like your setup where did u get those pipes? And how much does your buddy want for the double ic

I made them myself, bought a aluminum piping kit off of ebay, cut and fabbed it up and had my friend tig it together then I had them powder coated.

I should have some pics and prices for his parts by the end of the weekend.

How much hp is that wet shot u got going in the manifold
With my older Magnum Powers MPx M90 blower I was running a 100 shot. As you can see in the pic I now have a 2.3 Whipple blower with the nitrous setup for a 50 shot. With the old setup I ran a best time of 11.15 in the 1/4, hence why I have a 6 point cage in it. I haven't been to the strip with the new blower so I don't know what it'll run yet.

she's a work of art my man

With my older Magnum Powers MPx M90 blower I was running a 100 shot. As you can see in the pic I now have a 2.3 Whipple blower with the nitrous setup for a 50 shot. With the old setup I ran a best time of 11.15 in the 1/4, hence why I have a 6 point cage in it. I haven't been to the strip with the new blower so I don't know what it'll run yet.
Nicccce that's moving to. U run it a Vmp or obx speedway? She is definatly a work of art looks soo good.
Now I believe I need a balancer I can't remember who said they had one for sale but mine has been vibrating since I got her couple weeks ago now that I got her screaming I been diagnosing this vibration, which comes driving or in park or neutral around 2000-2300rpm, looks like the rubber has came out slightly so I'm assuming it spun a little it also vibrates at idle only when in gear my 72 c10 big block felt like this awhile back it happened to be the balancer if anyone u know has a performance one used for a 1991 and they want like the price of a new stock one I'll buy it

Nicccce that's moving to. U run it a Vmp or obx speedway? She is definatly a work of art looks soo good.
Now I believe I need a balancer I can't remember who said they had one for sale but mine has been vibrating since I got her couple weeks ago now that I got her screaming I been diagnosing this vibration, which comes driving or in park or neutral around 2000-2300rpm, looks like the rubber has came out slightly so I'm assuming it spun a little it also vibrates at idle only when in gear my 72 c10 big block felt like this awhile back it happened to be the balancer if anyone u know has a performance one used for a 1991 and they want like the price of a new stock one I'll buy it

I go to VMP. As far as a balancer goes good luck on finding a good used one, the only other choice is a BHJ which are expensive but you'll never have to worry about failure.

https://www.supercoupeperformance.com/bhj-harmonic-balancer-for-89-93-sc-xr7-739

I go to VMP. As far as a balancer goes good luck on finding a good used one, the only other choice is a BHJ which are expensive but you'll never have to worry about failure.

Others alternatives exist. Powerbond are locally available. Vast spread on opinions on each. Everyone agrees used is bad.

I haven't gotten any prices yet but he has a Magnum Powers 10% crank pulley, 5% or 10% aluminum jackshaft pulley, 10% aluminum supercharger pulley, double i/c, 94/95 supercharger, set of front arc shocks, B&M transpak shift kit for an AOD and he might have some other items. I do have a trac lok rear with 3.73's that I might consider letting go for the right price.

Back