Debating selling black 90 with 2 of almost every part and a complete 5 speed setup

Thinkreferrals

I have too many projects. I live in Langley British Columbia. My Black 1990 auto SC was a daily driver, engine has developed a knock and I parked it 2 months ago and got my Cherokee going. Car is in great condition other than the knock, it starts right away, mostly stock, with larger Throttle Body. Black on Black with Black painted rims. Around 260,000 kilometers, no rust, I got a 1990 complete parts car and stripped every part off it then tossed the stripped body so I have almost 2 of everything. A couple months ago I purchased a complete 5 speed to replace my AOD, everything is included to convert to 5 speed. Bought the 5 speed off here and never had the time to convert. I just put brand new speed rated tires on 2 months before I parked it.

I don't know what a fair price is for everything I have but I am willing to entertain offers to decide if I can get enough out of it to cover some of what I spent on it. I will dig up pictures and post later if anyone is interested.

Things I have worked on are numerous.
New metal rad, Multi layer steel head gaskets, stripped and cleaned valve body in AOD, shifts very nicely now. 70MM throttle body but have not done the larger MAF yet. just replaced plugs with iridium plugs, new plug wires and ignition, all new sensors, timing gears and belt, water pump and a bunch more.

I have too many projects. I live in Langley British Columbia. My Black 1990 auto SC was a daily driver, engine has developed a knock and I parked it 2 months ago and got my Cherokee going. Car is in great condition other than the knock, it starts right away, mostly stock, with larger Throttle Body. Black on Black with Black painted rims. Around 260,000 kilometers, no rust, I got a 1990 complete parts car and stripped every part off it then tossed the stripped body so I have almost 2 of everything. A couple months ago I purchased a complete 5 speed to replace my AOD, everything is included to convert to 5 speed. Bought the 5 speed off here and never had the time to convert. I just put brand new speed rated tires on 2 months before I parked it.

I don't know what a fair price is for everything I have but I am willing to entertain offers to decide if I can get enough out of it to cover some of what I spent on it. I will dig up pictures and post later if anyone is interested.

did you end up selling the car or listing it for sale? would love more info on it and a rough price. I'm on Vancouver island

did you end up selling the car or listing it for sale? would love more info on it and a rough price. I'm on Vancouver island

I have not listed it yet, I haven't had time to investigate the ticking noise yet so didn't go any further. I have been going back and forth on parting with it or keeping it as a collector with crazy cheap insurance and actually finishing it. My next step was going to be installing the manual transmission, which I just finished collecting all the parts for. I also parted out another 90 and have a good collection of spare parts including engines and auto transmissions. I imagine I would need to see at the very least, $3000 to be able to part with it.

I have not listed it yet, I haven't had time to investigate the ticking noise yet so didn't go any further. I have been going back and forth on parting with it or keeping it as a collector with crazy cheap insurance and actually finishing it. My next step was going to be installing the manual transmission, which I just finished collecting all the parts for. I also parted out another 90 and have a good collection of spare parts including engines and auto transmissions. I imagine I would need to see at the very least, $3000 to be able to part with it.

any chance you have interior parts you'd sell? looking for front and read seats etc prefer grey leather but open to options and interested in seeing pics of your car

any chance you have interior parts you'd sell? looking for front and read seats etc prefer grey leather but open to options and interested in seeing pics of your car

Sorry it took so long to reply, life got in the way :) I have all interior parts but the front seats were not in great shape on the parts car. The interior on my car is great, except of course the bolsters on either front seat on the outer section are worn out. I was planning on taking the bolsters from the parts car and having them sewn on my seats so they would be fully original parts. Both interiors are black leather.

Do you still have the T bird for sale? I'm located in South Surrey and would like to check it out. Thanks email: will@frederickson.ca

I still have it . . . I am having a hard time deciding if I want to part with it. The body has not one spec of rust and I spent a great deal of time getting it to the condition it is in, the paint is still original on all parts, tore motor down and did head gaskets and everything else I could do to the top end including lifters, push rods, seals etc, I found compatible Multi Layer Steel head gaskets so I dumped the composite piles of crap, wrapped the exhaust to reduce the crazy heat it used to generate, I even found a brand new metal radiator for it, which was well over $500. It is a tough decision but I don't want to risk having it just sit here and rot away either. I just spent $900 on new speed rated tires which now only have about 1000k on them. If I sell it, someone will be getting a great ride.

Back