Thread: New upgrade for 2016!!!

New upgrade for 2016!!!

After getting the car track worthy last year and making more passes last year than I have in all other years combined, I got the itch for a new mod. SOOOO, I ditched the baller 19s for a set of new forged WELDs with black anodizing. I wanted to do something I hadn't seen done on a SC before, so I went with a 18"/15" split front to rear. 5" wide fronts and 9" wide rears. I wanted a setup that I could use for the occasional trip to work, and a rip down in Mexico so I went with the new 28/11.5/15 ET Street R. R not to be confused with radial, they're still a bias ply, but DOT. For the fronts, I went with M&H and their 26" DOT radial front runner.

The wheels are a custom order that took 4 weeks to build, which was stressful. IF they didn't fit, there wasn't a return option. Due to a lot of measuring, the fitment is spot on! I have it written down somewhere, but I think the weight savings was about 80lbs total.

Before the cool pics, I have to give props to the seller. I wanted to go with a JEGS or Summit because its easy, but I usually always give one small shop a shot. In this case, I did a quick search on yellowbullet and found Larry Hodge Racing tire. Awesome guy to talk to, beat everyone's prices and had me the tires in 2 days, and the wheels came straight from WELD. I received one flawed wheel, Larry had it picked up next day, and after 40+ back and forth emails with instant responses day and night, we resolved everything. Honestly, I've never had such good customer service. Props to WELD for no questions asked repair, but it really never should have left their factory like it did. OH well. His contact is Larry@larryhodgeracing.com if anyone is shopping for drag wheels and tires, give him a look.

Its been on jack stands all winter so it has a smidge of settling left to do, but here she is!

Making woosh sounds since 2010!

Nice corey that should let you put some power to the ground.
    MEMBER #2488 best rwhp 504 485 torque
    2016 shootout Best of show award
    2015 Carlisle Best of show modified, 1st place 92 93 SC and Celebrity's choice award winner.
    2014 Shootout Best of show 1st award winner
    2014 Comp cams VIP Car craft street machine nationals
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage.p...e_view&id=7152

Sweet! Too bad my buddy just ordered some RT-S's from Jegs I think.
    ~Chris
    SCCoA Member #1826
    Bettie Riding jack stands
    SCARlet on drag duty now

Looks awesome!!! Love the Cougar in the reflection on your quarter

Looks great Corey. You run the ET Streets on the street all the time? What tire pressure do you run them out? Not afraid of a little rain?

Ive ran drag radials for years doing constant street duty with no problems. This will be the first time consistently street driving with a bias ply dot drag tire. I've driven 45min to tracks and around town on my old bias ply race tires and had no scary moments, so I have a smidge of street experience with them. The biggest thing is remembering what tires you have on the car and respecting them. I'll probably run 26 lbs, they have 28 in them in the picture. As for rain, in the last 4 years Ive probably had the car in 3-4 rain showers. If get caught in the rain, I'll be waiting it out, or continuing at a snails pace.

I was paying over $400 per tire for 19" drag radials, and they didn't work great. Very excited to see how these do, especially at sub $200 per tire. If its a fail, a similar sized MT ET Street radial will go on the car most likely. Radials scare me with axles, I wanted a combo that I could drive an hour to the track on, run 10s, and drive home.
    Last edited by neverfastenough; 02-29-2016 at 09:21 AM.

It's badass they finally put a nice sidewall on the ET Street. Looks impressive, can't wait to hear driving impressions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

Quote Originally Posted by XR7 Dave View Post
    It's badass they finally put a nice sidewall on the ET Street. Looks impressive, can't wait to hear driving impressions.
    I guess that means I have to get rid of mine and check out the new ones.

Very, very nice Corey..............
    SCCOA Member #2406
    '94 SC AUTO - $$$$ Pit
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=19

Quote Originally Posted by Ira R. View Post
    I guess that means I have to get rid of mine and check out the new ones.
    The tread pattern also changed along with the sidewall so I'm hoping for big grip!

Nice wheels....Any problems clearing the upper control arms on the rear wheels ?

David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat...............707HP/650TQ

My Garage

I removed about 3/8 of the UCA, if I removed the wheel and let someone look, they wouldn't notice it missing, it's that small and inconspicuous of a change. It's a non structural portion of the Uca also. If anyone wants to run a 15x9 they shouldn't let that hold them back.