94/95 Magnum Powers Intake Plenums

New to this so by new bearings you mean the needle bearings in the back of the case?

I'm interested. Been looking for a late model. Can I use my early model rotor pack and just swap it in? Need to get rotors coated to make the swap worth while?

If I can use the nose of my blower on the late model case I would be in for an inlet.

Yes, your early rotors and nose will work just fine. And, yes can replace the needle bearings in the back.

I'm a for sure on this. Let me know if you need some sort of deposit on it.

Generally on non stock items deposits separate those who are serious from those window shopping. If we can get 5 or more who say they are interested then perhaps it will be the time for deposits.

Im in for one. I believe I need one minus the egr, I have a 91 5spd. Would be really cool if we could hit ten units as the 60 bucks in savings sure would go a long way towards an mp throttle body!!:rolleyes:;)
I'm in either way though to aid in getting deposits rolling in for guys looking to get one now .

Please let me know what you need for deposit and how do you accept payment?

Yeah, if we could get this to ten units, that would be awesome. $60 bucks is $60 bucks. Anybody that's on the fence about this should pick one up, because it's one of those things that doesn't come around that often. I'll help to sell this for Charles: the path to the supercharger is much straighter:

0000626_magnum-powers-upgraded-9495-inlet-plenum.jpg

Though whoever's car this is, is highly modified (undoubtedly with major headwork and other things), the dyno graph shows that the intake plenum starts to have an effect at 3400, and really helps to make power above 4000 rpm, which is where the stock engine configuration has difficulty making power. This person's car had a ported stock intake, but the problem with the stock plenum is that even if one bores out the throttle body area to remove the step there, the inner diameter of the plenum is about 68mm or so (if I recall the measurement correctly), and that bend is still in there. If this is a 40 or so horsepower gain, that's about a 9 percent increase in peak horsepower....on a stock-ish setup, the percentage would likely be less due to the lack of supporting mods, but on these cars where the top end is more difficult to come by, this is a tremendous investment.

0000627_magnum-powers-upgraded-9495-inlet-plenum.jpg

Got to love it, puts a smile on my face some 20 years later, those lines are sweet if I say so myself :) Thinking about this GP, this might be a good time for some of the SC guys to pick up some extras so there would be a supply down the road and make a few bucks while at it.

I'm a bit confused for the guys saying if we have 9, they're ten. Apparently you guys can't count :D--the math is simple... If we don't have at least 5, we have no deal. Let's worry about 5 first and then worry about ten later, as an added bonus. Let's get this thing moving, because the quicker this gets done, the quicker we all have our plenums.

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused for the guys saying if we have 9, they're ten. Apparently you guys can't count :D--the math is simple... If we don't have at least 5, we have no deal. Let's worry about 5 first and then worry about ten later, as an added bonus. Let's get this thing moving, because the quicker this gets done, the quicker we all have our plenums.

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse. I'm in at $435, I'm not in at $495.

$495 for 40 hp potential is a deal in the import world. That's $13 per hp and is unheard of, lucky to get it under $30 per hp.

I remember when I was a teenager when all the local guys - Dr. Fred, 92bird, raptorSC, SCgraphics guy - not to mention particular names :) - all got these plenums on their SCs. Really woke up their cars. I think the fact that some had Dr. Fred's wicked cam didn't hurt either...

That was like 15 years ago, this is now a chance to get one brand new! Charles, you may as well etch your autograph into them for the favor you are doing for us :)

let me know when to deposit

$495 for 40 hp potential is a deal in the import world. That's $13 per hp and is unheard of, lucky to get it under $30 per hp.

I remember when I was a teenager when all the local guys - Dr. Fred, 92bird, raptorSC, SCgraphics guy - not to mention particular names :) - all got these plenums on their SCs. Really woke up their cars. I think the fact that some had Dr. Fred's wicked cam didn't hurt either...

That was like 15 years ago, this is now a chance to get one brand new! Charles, you may as well etch your autograph into them for the favor you are doing for us :)

let me know when to deposit

Exactly! And the actual cost per HP (depending on the rear wheel/ flywheel numbers that are sometimes skewed by manufacturers) that's an honest 40 hp peak at the wheels.....depending on an auto/ manual configuration, it would be more like 50-55 at the crank. Some less scrupulous companies would probably round up to 60 hp, and not specify whether that's rear wheel or flywheel. I'm beyond thrilled to be a part of this purchase.

Last edited:
Exactly! And the actual cost per HP (depending on the rear wheel/ flywheel numbers that are sometimes skewed by manufacturers) that's an honest 40 hp peak at the wheels.....depending on an auto/ manual configuration, it would be more like 50-55 at the crank. Some less scrupulous companies would probably round up to 60 hp, and not specify whether that's rear wheel or flywheel. I'm beyond thrilled to be a part of this purchase.

Thanks 1fstbrd, comments much appreciated! :)

Thanks 1fstbrd, comments much appreciated! :)

No prob! Thanks for making these available again, because these cars I see more and more go to the wrecker, and with each passing year, it becomes more of a labour of love for everyone to offer parts (including aftermarket) and keep them on the road.

Generally on non stock items deposits separate those who are serious from those window shopping. If we can get 5 or more who say they are interested then perhaps it will be the time for deposits.

Seems like the momentum has waned on this thread, so this is mostly a bump.

I'd love to say "I'm in", but I have a 75mm TB and stock 95 SC, current plenum is blended (ported isn't really the right word), and my gains would be limited. At $495, that would be for fourth largest investment I'd made after the car, the wheels, and the tires. My goals are pumping efficiency more than boost and power, so the MP would help that I suppose - so again, can see my way to the 10+ price point I think.

I hope we keep this out there long enough for potential buyers to at least see it ...

Seems like the momentum has waned on this thread, so this is mostly a bump.

I'd love to say "I'm in", but I have a 75mm TB and stock 95 SC, current plenum is blended (ported isn't really the right word), and my gains would be limited. At $495, that would be for fourth largest investment I'd made after the car, the wheels, and the tires. My goals are pumping efficiency more than boost and power, so the MP would help that I suppose - so again, can see my way to the 10+ price point I think.

I hope we keep this out there long enough for potential buyers to at least see it ...

Some good points, Jon. I hear you that $495 is, you know....$495, and if your SC is mostly stock, your gains would be less with the plenum. But consider this, I live in Canada, and our dollar is (give or take on the day) worth about 73-77 percent of the USD, and I still see this as a good deal, because of the HP per dollar. Anyone in the US already has a far better deal than me, and I'm envious. But lord knows that I've already spent more on my exhaust for less of a percentage gain there. :D The other thing is that this deal to make plenums for us may never come around again. The other thing is that, in terms of bolt ons, anything that gives you a 9 percent increase, is a ridiculous bargain. People will spend money on underdrives, throttle bodies, cold air intakes that give far less HP gains. I don't know if you do your own modification work, but speaking personally, I do, and taking off the supercharger and plenum and putting it back on, is about an hour to an hour and a half. So for me, that $495 is a DIY bolt on that makes a heckuva lot of sense.

Last edited:
Back