94/95 Magnum Powers Intake Plenums

Throttle body size

What size is the opening for the throttle body? Just wondering if it's set up for 75mm or 85mm. Thanks!

From what I've read the stock configuration is much smaller and the most it can be opened up is 68 mm I think. The MP plenums casting is a solid square instead of the flange style on the factory plenum allowing it to have a larger opening for the throttle body. I'm not sure on the size but I'm sure someone reading this thread would have that information.

While it is cast to accept an 85 mm throttle body, a 75 mm will work. I ran one on my car. If you want to get to that mid level, for lack of a better word, performance level then you need to get one of these inlets

I had dual exhaust and Kooks mid length headers on my 1991and a high volume fuel pump was added . I also had the MP cold air and BBK 75 mm along with a 76mm C&L maf and 10% pulley. The performance was good but not outstanding. I added a new rectangular port along with one of these inlets I bought used. I also added motorsport 42 lb injectors and changed out the 76 for an 80 mm C&L. I am currently driving the car in this configuration and the power is unbelievable. I added a 10% jackshaft pulley and Charles stiffer tensioner springs to keep the belt from slipping. The supercharger will bury the boost gauge and cut the tires loose at 30 mph. Nailing it off the line is pointless as it just barbeques the tires.

The inlet is massive. I could stick my arm in up to my elbow so that my fingers stuck out. This part is the foundation for anyone that wants to make major power with a rectangular port. I sourced a lot of the parts for my build from the boards and Ebay and put it together fairly cheap. I am currently looking for a cheapy front mount and aftermarket rad to reduce the heat and can only imagine how much better the performance will be. Everybody has to make their own decisions but you will not regret purchasing this part or anything Charles creates.

Bbk 75 tb

While it is cast to accept an 85 mm throttle body, a 75 mm will work. I ran one on my car. If you want to get to that mid level, for lack of a better word, performance level then you need to get one of these inlets

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I'm curious about your TB experience. Did you get the Mustang TB with the modified linkage? Any issues? What is your base idle?

I'm also curious about your boost. You really opened up your air, and I'll assume exhaust, and you can get 15 psi boost on a 91 super charger?

TIA

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I'm curious about your TB experience. Did you get the Mustang TB with the modified linkage? Any issues? What is your base idle?

I'm also curious about your boost. You really opened up your air, and I'll assume exhaust, and you can get 15 psi boost on a 91 super charger?

TIA

This inlet won't work on a 91 supercharger, you need a 94/95 blower. That being said, this inlet, along with an 85mm TB and MAF, and 10%OD on an otherwise stock 94/95 blower will peg a stock boost gauge.

This inlet won't work on a 91 supercharger, you need a 94/95 blower. That being said, this inlet, along with an 85mm TB and MAF, and 10%OD on an otherwise stock 94/95 blower will peg a stock boost gauge.

I assume you mean an 85mm TB with this inlet.

TIA

Jon,

I originally had the BBK thunderbird sc version on it. I sold it to Jeff Steinert along with my brother's extremely low mile (5 miles) 94/95 rectangular. I had a brand new BBK Mustang version so I then took the linkage off my factory tb and converted it. That is what is on the car now. Just being over cautious, I made my own slightly larger tb gasket out of Mr. Gasket gasket maker. Never had an issues with the way the engine runs. It misses once in awhile at idle but it is not tuned. it idles at about 700 rpm pretty much glass smooth when warm. When I am just coasting along at 40 miles per hour, it makes between 18-20 inches vacuum.

My total mods to date are;

1.) Brand new rectangular port
2.) MP inlet
3.) 42 lb injectors and Billet adjustable pressure regulator
4.) MP cold air
5.) C&L 80 mm MAF
6.) 10 % od pulley
7.) 10% jackshaft pulley
8.) Aeromotive Stealth pump
9.) MP tensioner springs
10.) Kook's long tubes and dual Magnaflow
11.) 4R70W from 2000 Mustang with stand alone controller
12.) Dirty Dog 3000 stall and B&M deep pan
13.) Aluminum driveshaft

This inlet is for any rectangular supercharger, so 94/95, MPI and MPII.

I had dual exhaust and Kooks mid length headers on my 1991and a high volume fuel pump was added . I also had the MP cold air and BBK 75 mm along with a 76mm C&L maf and 10% pulley. The performance was good but not outstanding. I added a new rectangular port along with one of these inlets I bought used. I also added motorsport 42 lb injectors and changed out the 76 for an 80 mm C&L. I am currently driving the car in this configuration and the power is unbelievable. I added a 10% jackshaft pulley and Charles stiffer tensioner springs to keep the belt from slipping. The supercharger will bury the boost gauge and cut the tires loose at 30 mph. Nailing it off the line is pointless as it just barbeques the tires.

The inlet is massive. I could stick my arm in up to my elbow so that my fingers stuck out. This part is the foundation for anyone that wants to make major power with a rectangular port. I sourced a lot of the parts for my build from the boards and Ebay and put it together fairly cheap. I am currently looking for a cheapy front mount and aftermarket rad to reduce the heat and can only imagine how much better the performance will be. Everybody has to make their own decisions but you will not regret purchasing this part or anything Charles creates.

all the mods and no tune?

I originally installed a Walbro 255 but didn't notice that the former owner or someone that worked on the car had kinked the fuel lines. When my brother and I reinstalled it, the kink got worse as they had rotated the lines in the plastic bracket. So I literally drove the car for maybe a week before the small rubber hose in the tank burst limiting fuel pressure. I wasn't able to work on it so it sat for almost two years. I just fixed the hose about 3 weeks ago and have driven it a few times since. David is supposed to be coming here in a few months to tune for a bunch of us but I want to change up to an MPX before he gets here.

You guys should consider posting at the TCCOA and V6mustang and V6Power (been a bit dead lately ) I sometimes found that struggling group buys would get filled quickly with more forums involved.

Revised--I don't want to seem like i'm pushing people, but we need to know who's serious and who's not:

1. Csirny
2. 89FORCEFED95
3. myself
4. rotaryeccentric

1. csirny
2. 89Forcefed95
3. 1fstbrd
4. rotaryeccentric
5. Ride control
?6. Jludorf ?

Is this accurate? And can we start getting something worked out with a deposit?

Heh heh.....you're about as anxious as I am, Chris!!

Agreed on the V6Mustang forums. I think that there's a guy, David Seifert, that is going with a SC build, with Dave Dalke doing some work to it. I think he's probably up to his eyeballs in the money spent right now, though! I'll post there and link to this thread.

Heh heh.....you're about as anxious as I am, Chris!!

Agreed on the V6Mustang forums. I think that there's a guy, David Seifert, that is going with a SC build, with Dave Dalke doing some work to it. I think he's probably up to his eyeballs in the money spent right now, though! I'll post there and link to this thread.

Haha. Yeah your right. I just don't want to miss the opportunity

I took the pattern and core box over to the foundry. It has need of repairs, should hear back soon from the pattern maker.

Charles

Back