1990 Thunderbird SC really nice I'm keeping it $7400

Danny

I have a 1990 Thunderbird SC for sale it is currently on craigslist Boise, ID listing #5522284598. I'm only putting it up for sale because I don't have anyplace to keep it. It's killing me to let it go!!! It needs to go to a collector or someone that can keep it as nice as it is. My contact info is on CL. Take care All. Thanks for checking this out. I've decided to keep it if anyone wants it is now $7400. I hope to be forgiven for the sin of trying to sell it and can be part of the family. I've been under pressure to finish my wife's 67 Mustang Coupe. C'mon I mean I put a 351 Cleveland in it shouldn't that be enough for a while so I can enjoy a little modern muscle??

Last edited:
With link

I copied the link for you: http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/5522284598.html

Nice car, looks to be in great shape. However, you're correct when you say you're asking too much. I paid $3,500 for my red 1990 5-speed last April, with 93,000 miles, window sticker & dealer ads, full maintenance documentation & and new-in-box set of aftermarket rims. In my opinion, except for the Anny models, there's not enough demand to justify that price for a stock SC.

Good luck with your sale.

Last edited:
I say ask what you want and see what happens.

Personally id like to see these cars start to bring more money than they book out at. I know I paid more for mine than it booked out at and I went into the deal telling myself id walk away at a thousand over book. That didnt happen and im fine with it. I paid less than asking price but way over book and frankly i was glad to pay it. These cars book out so low that the next option for an owner is to part it and or crush it. That seems like a shame with the low numbers of these cars left.

At some point the mark has to start moving the other way on what these cars are worth and as owners it would be nice to see some support behind others attempts to move the mark. I don't think 6, 000 is a bad starting point on a car with your specs assuming there will be negotiations.

If they are serious, let them drive it before you talk price. Dont even entertain the conversation of price unless they agree to go for a test drive. Get them in the ether and then set the hook, you'll get closer to your asking price that way.

I would have no problem paying the price.
You could never get a car back into this condition for anywhere near the price.
People that understand that will have no problem with your price.
I would if I had the cash.

I copied the link for you: http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/5522284598.html

Nice car, looks to be in great shape. However, you're correct when you say you're asking too much. I paid $3,500 for my red 1990 5-speed last April, with 93,000 miles, window sticker & dealer ads, full maintenance documentation & and new-in-box set of aftermarket rims. In my opinion, except for the Anny models, there's not enough demand to justify that price for a stock SC.

Good luck with your sale.

I paid a ton more than that for mine. Only 15k miles but still. SCCOA is not the place to fetch top dollar. You have a lot of handy guys here who often have several cars and they're looking for projects. There are also collectors on here, but they usually have their gem already. I'd advertise nationally and see what you can get. FWIW, replacing that bolster would help with those folks who don't know how common the wear on that piece is.

I agree , the price is not far off what it should bring and having an upholstery shop replace that worn side bolster is not that expensive, I would guess a hundred dollars tops. I had mine done with the strip just above it for $150 doing that would make a real difference in appeal to the buyer and in the selling price. Nice car.

Thanks guys for all the input. I figure if some of us don't start getting the prices up we could be waiting a long time for it to happen. This being my first SC I am blown away by how really special they are. My career was with a car company that worked on the premise that you create a market and sell into it. One example would be Mercedes-Benz, while they are great cars. The company is extremely profitable because they have created an image with a price to match. As with any sales item if you discount it you are hurting the brand by reducing it's perceived value to the customer. These cars are truly under where they need to be when compared to other cars built in the same era. I'll get the bolster fixed and who knows I may find a way to keep it. Again thanks for your advice.

I figure if some of us don't start getting the prices up we could be waiting a long time for it to happen.

There was a spike last year, but with new cars being given away, and the cost of fuel down, the used pool is just getting deeper, regardless of specifics. Same thing happened back in 2003. 'classics' seem to hit at 25 yrs. and then 50 yrs. so...

GLWS.

1990 Thunderbird SC really nice $7400

I have reduced to price on CL $7400. Some one is going to get a beauty for a very reasonable price. Priced At 7400 or I'm keeping it.

Last edited:
E mail sent to you
A beautiful SC has been sold to an appreciative caring owner.

Last edited:
Back