First time down the 1/4

Thunder_chicken

Took my 91 supercoupe auto down to Pacific Raceways for the first time just to see how it would run. It did pretty much what I expected. Weighed it at 3950 with me in it, and left the tiny 215 width street tires on it. Best pass was a 14.196 at 99.09 mph with a 2.2 60'. Judging by the mph what do you guys think I could get it down to with good tires?

Its a stock longblock with ARP head studs, MPX at 15% overdrive, MP raised supercharger top, 75mm tb, 76mm c&l maf, stock intake tube, custom front mount intercooler, 42lb injectors and walbro pump, mildly ported exhaust manifolds, no cats or resonator with mustang cobra mufflers, and it has still never been tuned!

I'd say that was a damm good time and MPH for stock long block 91 SC on street tires. Just to give you a ballpark comparison my stock long block 94 (automatic) SC ran a 13.6833 @ 98.64 mph with a 1.8561 60' on M/T ET streets. The next year I followed that up with a 13.4829 @ 100.23 mph with a 1.8539 60'. The only difference in the car making the better time was I put in a double intercooler with fan and a short AC condenser. This SC has a Magnaport 1 supercharger @ 5% OD, underdrive pulley's, and a double intercooler where as I see you have a MPX @ 15% OD and a front mount intercooler. My 94 SC also has 3.55 gears and a Dirty Dog Performance 11 1/4” torque converter with a slightly higher than stock stall speed but other than those differences the basic stuff is similar. Just so you know the times I listed were both in October here in Michigan and the temps were in the mid forty’s and we all know an SC loves cool air like a hog loves slop.

Last edited:
Well that's pretty good to hear! I did forget to mention I have 3.73 gears in it. I think there is another tenth left in it from my best time. Could use a little taller tire and better 2-3 shift. (I was manually shifting it). But I guess I need to find some drag radials so I can get down into the 13 range!

Lowering your 60' time will give you the best end result. Knock off 3-4 tenths down to a 1.8 or so and it'll net you 6+ tenths at the big end.......;)

As soon as I finish the rear hubs Ill get some track wheels and drag radials. Then by the end of the summer Ill have a cam in it, mildly ported heads, more supercharger overdrive and finally get it tuned. That ought to be good enough to break into the 12s don't you think?

Back