Got my 91 SC professionally detailed yesterday.

David Neibert

SCCoA Admin
Anyone who knows me is aware of how much I hate washing my cars. Forget about waxing them or cleaning the interior that only happens if my wife does it. After installing a new drive shaft and more recently a new set of wires and plugs to get rid of a high rpm misfire, it was looking pretty dirty. So when Kathy asked what I wanted for Father's Day I told her I wanted to get my 91 SC professionally detailed.

The guy did the interior including the cloth seats and carpet, some type of three step deal to the exterior paint that included clay bar some wax stuff, buffers and carnauba wax. It's the first time in 6 years the rubber has all been removed from the rear fenders. He also hand cleaned everything under the hood. It came out looking great and it was the perfect gift. Here is a video I took after picking it up last night.

[youtube]-28zNPBiO8A[/youtube]

David

What was cost, if we can ask - $200? Wheels and tires too, I assume. Came to you or dropped it off at a shop? Hard to tell in the dim light, but it does appear to shine.

But yeah, clay bar FTW.

Last edited:
What was cost, if we can ask - $200? Wheels and tires too, I assume. Came to you or dropped it off at a shop? Hard to tell in the dim light, but it does appear to shine.

But yeah, clay bar FTW.

Dropped it off at a shop a couple miles away where our neighbor's son has a detailing business. Cost was $250 and yes it included the wheels and tires.

David

Congrats on the gift.

Its white it looks the same as it always has. ;) Sorry Kathy. Guess that's why you bought a white car so you wouldn't have to clean it all the time.

It's just like the clay buff and wax I just spent a whole day doing on my wifes car. Its the new tectonic silver. It looks the same after as it did before, but it sure does feel a ton better.

Last edited:
Outside looks nice. You know it is shining in real life when you can see it in a video! Let's see how the interior and under the hood look.

Looks fantastic! I bet that'll make you do the "turn around and check out how good my car looks" thing every time you park somewhere... :D

Congrats on the gift.

Its white it looks the same as it always has. ;) Sorry Kathy. Guess that's why you bought a white car so you wouldn't have to clean it all the time.

It's just like the clay buff and wax I just spent a whole day doing on my wifes car. Its the new tectonic silver. It looks the same after as it did before, but it sure does feel a ton better.

well nice to know shes smooth when you rub her...;)

Nice car

i love that white, my 1st mn12 was white.....
looks like the only thing left to mod under the hood is ur washer fluid tank...

That turned out nice.. :)

I have to compliment you, on how nice and uncluttered your engine bay looks..

If all that aluminum was polished up, that would be the icing on the cake..
thumb.gif

Looks like a show winner!

Rayo..

i love that white, my 1st mn12 was white.....
looks like the only thing left to mod under the hood is ur washer fluid tank...

Correct, I don't even use it for windshield washer fluid, it's being used to store a 50/50 mix of distilled water and methanol for the Snow Performance methanol injection system. Something a little nicer looking for the DIS module would also be nice.

David

Car looks freaking beautiful David. Bet it turns heads wherever you drive it.

ken

Thanks Ken, and yes it's gets a good deal of attention.

Guy doing the detailing said that after I dropped the car off, half of the mechanics from the import repair shop across the parking lot came over to check it out.

David

Last edited:
That turned out nice.. :)

I have to compliment you, on how nice and uncluttered your engine bay looks..

If all that aluminum was polished up, that would be the icing on the cake..
thumb.gif

Looks like a show winner!

Rayo..

Thanks Rayo,

Now that I've sold the 93 SC and I'm done doing mods to the new Hellcat, I can concentrate on making this car a little nicer and a little faster.

David

Back