94 6 speed update

jludorf

Rather that resurrecting an old post and adding an update I thought it would be easier to just fill in some changes to my set up.

During the 2012 Shootout we made 504 rwhp and 498 torque at 20-21 psi after some tweaking on the Dyno. After a rebuild and cam change the car was reassembled last year but I was unable to get the car to run well.

A few issues were found that contributed to the pervious issues.
1) we only had 32 psi of fuel though the gauge showed 42psi.
2) the inlet plenum that attaches to the intake manifold had a leak
3) the cam may have been over scavenging the cylinders
4) I should have been using race fuel at the track

Last Wednesday David came up to Edmonton and tuned 10 cars for local SC owners.

All the previous issues have been corrected and the car is considerably more street able that before.

On the Dyno at 2400 feet we achieved 484 rwhp and 455 torque on 94 octane. The interesting change is that we reduced the supercharger overdrive with the new Cam and made this power with 15.63psi of boost.

As you all know I could not have made this happen without David at SCU.

The car is a blast to drive. I won't be raced during the short term so I can break in the engine and enjoy the car.

John

image.jpg

Thanks guys.
Finally fixed my rattling resonator on my dual exhaust today. Much quieter. The 4inch single exhaust was way too loud. I must be getting old. Now to put some miles on and break in the engine.

Hoping to take it to street legals in a few weeks.

I would like to but it will depend on some projects at work. It looks like the field work starts right when the shootout is and I manage that part of the projects.
Seems to be our busiest time of the year.

I will know better closer to the beginning of September.

John,

Glad to hear you got it fixed and running good. Are you going to make it to the Shootout this year ?

David

Back