New member with a '90 Super Coupe

ziggy75

Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I purchased a 90 Super Coupe today. It is somewhat of a project. Blue with grey cloth, 5 speed with 115k miles. I only paid $175 for it. I figured I can't go wrong. It does have some issues though. The previous owner put in a high performance cam. The cam wasn't installed properly and it walked outwards. I have yet to inspect the damage but like I said, it was only $175. It has a stage 2 clutch (suposively), 3 inch catback with turbo mufflers, larger throttle (cant remember what size he said it was), short throw shifter. The driver side rocker is rusted out but I think it will be a reasonable fix. All in all, I am happy about the purchase and I will be visiting a lot to gather as much info as possible.

If the motor needs to be rebuilt, I may just purchase a different engine. I would like to know your thoughts as to the best alternative. I am aware of the 4.2 from the truck. I may look into this or perhaps just go with another 3.8.

Thanks,
Josh

Last edited:
I found massive amounts of decay under the car. My hand went through one spot. Unfortunately, it appears like I will need to part it out instead.

Cowl Panel under wipers

If you still have and are parting out, do you have the cowl panels under the windshield wipers?

Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I purchased a 90 Super Coupe today. It is somewhat of a project. Blue with grey cloth, 5 speed with 115k miles. I only paid $175 for it. I figured I can't go wrong. It does have some issues though. The previous owner put in a high performance cam. The cam wasn't installed properly and it walked outwards. I have yet to inspect the damage but like I said, it was only $175. It has a stage 2 clutch (suposively), 3 inch catback with turbo mufflers, larger throttle (cant remember what size he said it was), short throw shifter. The driver side rocker is rusted out but I think it will be a reasonable fix. All in all, I am happy about the purchase and I will be visiting a lot to gather as much info as possible.

If the motor needs to be rebuilt, I may just purchase a different engine. I would like to know your thoughts as to the best alternative. I am aware of the 4.2 from the truck. I may look into this or perhaps just go with another 3.8.

Thanks,
Josh

I'll pay you 300 for the tires, exhaust, iac valve, Headlights and Tailights if they are all good.

Last edited:
Back