First track outing of the year

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member

I hit Ohio Valley Raceway for the street car shootout friday. Weather was super humid and super hot and track prep was craptastic! This was my best pass and the only sub 2.0 60' of the night (normaly i run 1.70/1.72 I actually ran my nitrous tune (without spraying) because of the reduced timing just to get it out of the hole without spinning as badly. I was hoping to break into the 7's but it wasn't going to happen with the weather and track prep. The car ran consistant 12.70s /107.7/108mph with 8.1/8.15 1/8th miles last year @ the shootout with less boost. The street car shootout program consists of a 6.60/7.60/8.60/9.60 index heads up classes. I ran the 8.60 class and broke out first round badly with a 8.45 to a mustang with a 8.55 (he was also sand bagging lol) Had a good time anyway and learned a couple things! One being that the air bags in the rear springs make my 60' times ALOT worse so i dropped pressure down to 5psi! Also i normally run 14/16psi in my slicks and took them down to 12psi and did NOT like how the heavy azz car feels at all! Here is a video of one of my passes the wife cought 8.41 if i am not mistaken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG6HEI49Hp4

I'm just wondering if you attended any "drag week" events last year. I feel like I saw this car in the parking lot?

That thing is loud! What is the exhaust, cam, and boost psi (if you don't mind sharing)?

Here is the rundown.

4.2 crank
scat h beam rods
wiesco forged pistons
ARP Main studs
Big valve ported heads with comp tripple beehive springs
ARP head studs
MLS Gaskets
1.73 roller rockers
.605/.604 226 duration cam

340lph aermotive stealth fuel pump
#80 Injectors
85mm MP TB
3.5" intake with slot maf
MPX w/gtp rotor pack

31x12x4 FMIC with 2.75" tubing
MP 10% crank pulley
MP 13% 10 rib JS
MP 10% 10 rib blower pulley

Kooks Mid length headers
2.5" catless downtubes
X pipe
Magnaflow bullet resonators
2.5" true dual mandrel bent exhaust
OEM 05/10 mustang GT mufflers

3.73 gears
Rear air bags
1.5" drop (cut springs)

Buillt AOD
31 Spline Billet input shaft
9" dirtry dog billet 2800rpm non locking converter
ART carr extreme OD lockout Valve body
wide ratio 4r70w gear set
mechanical diode
2" od band
alto red clutches
a+ servo

Zex Dry Nitrous Kit (yet to get a full pass on)

I see about 16psi tops on boost

Back