Parting out '90 SC & many performance parts

ziggy75

I have a 90 Super Coupe that I have since decided to part out. I am keeping the engine and blower. Let me know what you need.

I am really struggling with this decision because it's such a nice car. The under side of car has a lot of rot.

Some performance parts for sale..

Scorpion 1.7 Roller Rockers -- $170 shipped
C&L 76mm mass air - I think its calibrated for the larger injectors. Not 100% sure though. The injectors on the car say F4xx for part number. -- SOLD
BBK 70mm throttle body -- SOLD
Comp Cams hardened pushrods -- $80 shipped
Superchips Eliminator 6600 -- SOLD
Supercharger -- SOLD

I have these items listed on ebay as well.

20160709_172104_zps6ut2txlp.jpg

20160711_140818_zpsmmaf7jvt.jpg

20160711_140838_zpsvw8uyawn.jpg

20160715_155655_zpsh2malxqi.jpg

20160714_132356_zpsjllqbaks.jpg

20160714_132229_zps3oycxmfr.jpg

20160713_190446_zpsdileoihk.jpg

Last edited:
sorry

that's a tough blow - very sorry. don't forget to thank the seller for hiding the rot.

Yes it is a tough blow. Overall, this car is in very good condition. My plan was to rebuild the engine and maybe repaint car. You don't see too many 5 speeds around.

Sorry.. didnt realize my profile didnt show location. I have updated this. I live in Michigan. About an hour north of Grand Rapids.

Are you willing to ship items? I have a few things I could use if you will ship....

Passenger side window motor and the passenger side door cup insert. If the motor is in good working condition and you can remove the cup insert without breaking any tabs.

Passenger side door switch panel if it can be removed without damage.

Passenger side passive restraint seat belt cover if in good shape. The part that slides back and forth. Actually, I might just have you pull the whole passive restraint track now that I think about it.

The outer windshield trim at the top of the windshield if removed without damage. I am going to pull mine off and repaint it, but I want a good spare in case I screw it up.

Body side moldings on both sides if they can be removed without damage (6 total pieces).

That's all I can think of right now, but maybe more later.....

Shipping would be to 62040.

Oh, and sorry about the rot....

Thanks,

Tony

I have attached some pictures. Not sure if this is what you want. The one bezel piece as a broken tab at top. The windshield trim has the rubber piece at top missing and the black is all cracked up on it. I dont have all my sockets here to get the seat belt piece off car. I think its a 10mm. It appears to be fine though. Not sure how to take out the window motor. i do not have a battery so I would need to figure out how to run the windows up and down. I have shown the window armrest piece. It appears to be fine as well.

The outer trim will need to be looked at more when its not raining out. One of the driver side nuts are rotten apart. I will need to see what I can do to take it off. Not sure about the rest though. the passenger side door has a dent/scuff in the trim.

20160715_193524_zps5myzqfrv.jpg

20160715_194617_zpsu2pcwh2j.jpg

20160715_194621_zpsyvyrcqf2.jpg

20160715_194630_zps9r5qceat.jpg

20160715_194715_zpsxeyanuem.jpg

20160715_194721_zpscdcenqgm.jpg

20160715_194849_zps6hhwoojm.jpg

20160715_210006_zpsha1f2bl7.jpg

20160715_210008_zpswtrfdsgz.jpg

Last edited:
I have attached some pictures. Not sure if this is what you want. The one bezel piece as a broken tab at top. The windshield trim has the rubber piece at top missing and the black is all cracked up on it. I dont have all my sockets here to get the seat belt piece off car. I think its a 10mm. It appears to be fine though. Not sure how to take out the window motor. i do not have a battery so I would need to figure out how to run the windows up and down. I have shown the window armrest piece. It appears to be fine as well.

The outer trim will need to be looked at more when its not raining out. One of the driver side nuts are rotten apart. I will need to see what I can do to take it off. Not sure about the rest though. the passenger side door has a dent/scuff in the trim.

20160715_193524_zps5myzqfrv.jpg

20160715_194617_zpsu2pcwh2j.jpg

20160715_194621_zpsyvyrcqf2.jpg

20160715_194630_zps9r5qceat.jpg

20160715_194715_zpsxeyanuem.jpg

20160715_194721_zpscdcenqgm.jpg

20160715_194849_zps6hhwoojm.jpg

20160715_210006_zpsha1f2bl7.jpg

20160715_210008_zpswtrfdsgz.jpg

Crap.....I wish the door cup insert had all the tabs....but I may take it anyway since you went thru the trouble of pulling it off the car and the price is reasonable. The door switch panel looks okay, but it looks a little different on my car. I'll have to double check next week when I get out to see my car as I don't have it at home at the moment.

The windshield trim you have pictured is fine as long as you can get it off without bending it up. I'll sand it all down and respray it. Do a search using the words windshield trim removal....that may yield results. I believe you can get them off by using a thin putty knife and a small pry bar tool.

I'll need a working power window motor obviously. I can wait until you make sure it's working. Do a search using the words remove window motor. That should yield results.

About the body trim/moldings.....I'm talking about the pieces that are located in the mid door area. Not the side skirts that you have pictured. There are 3 pieces on each side of the car. A small length of trim near the back of the front fender, a long strip that runs the length of the door located in the middle of the door, and a middle length piece that is located on the rear quarter panel. I need both sides. I believe members here have used fishing line and a "sawing" action to remove those pieces successfully. If you can get them off without breaking them or warping them, that would be great. Again, use search function on how to remove. And after you get them removed, make sure to store them in a flat position. In other words, try not to stand them on end or they can warp.

I appreciate you taking the time to pull these items.

I am not in a huge rush for these items, so I can wait until you get time to do it.

Do you have a pay pal account?

If you post two more times, we can start Private messaging each other so we aren't clogging up this thread with communications between us.

Thanks,

Tony

I will take a look at the motor when I have some time tomorrow. I didn't even think about the mid door trim. I will see what I can do. As for the door handle bezel, I was surprised that the tab was broke considering how well it fit onto the panel.

I will take a look at the motor when I have some time tomorrow. I didn't even think about the mid door trim. I will see what I can do. As for the door handle bezel, I was surprised that the tab was broke considering how well it fit onto the panel.

That sounds great.

Thanks again.

Hey no problem. I will try to get those trim pieces off tomorrow. What I may do is attach these to a small strip of wood. That will keep them from warping.

Hey no problem. I will try to get those trim pieces off tomorrow. What I may do is attach these to a small strip of wood. That will keep them from warping.

That should do the trick. You can PM me with prices including shipping to 62040 if you want. If we keep this thread streamlined, you'll have an easier time keeping track of requested parts from others.

The payment process seems to run very smoothly using pay pal if you have an account.

Ziggy,
I'm in need the bolt and clip that sits inside the rear piece of trim/molding that runs the length of the car on the roof line. Its a piece of cake to get to by hopping in the back seat and removing the plastic cap on the sail panel and using a deep 9mm socket. Once the trim piece is removed you can remove the retainer and attached bolt by wiggling it out of its seat in the trim. I would take both sides bolt and clip thingy if still available.
I noticed someone grabbed the rear window trim so I think you can remove the rear pieces of roof molding with out removing the front piece by sliding it rearward to slip out from under the front piece.

Oh and if for some reason you salvaged any of the plastic button retainers on the lower rear glass trim and the person who purchased it doesnt want them id grab however many made it off unharmed.

Adjustable shocks and struts? Or are those rotted too?

I thought I replied to this already but it doesnt appear like it. I have been busy this last week and havnt had a chance to take a look at it. I will try to get a picture tomorrow if possible. It is raining pretty hard today.

Ziggy,
I'm in need the bolt and clip that sits inside the rear piece of trim/molding that runs the length of the car on the roof line. Its a piece of cake to get to by hopping in the back seat and removing the plastic cap on the sail panel and using a deep 9mm socket. Once the trim piece is removed you can remove the retainer and attached bolt by wiggling it out of its seat in the trim. I would take both sides bolt and clip thingy if still available.
I noticed someone grabbed the rear window trim so I think you can remove the rear pieces of roof molding with out removing the front piece by sliding it rearward to slip out from under the front piece.

Oh and if for some reason you salvaged any of the plastic button retainers on the lower rear glass trim and the person who purchased it doesnt want them id grab however many made it off unharmed.

I will have to take a look at what you are referring to. As for the rear window trim, nothing has been removed.

Back