So what do you guys have left to do for the shootout???

I've been working on mine a little here and there for the past several months and I'm just about done. I still have some wiring to do but other than waiting on my paint guy I am ready.

mine is up on the quickjacks getting some line locks installed this week... (assuming i can get my poop together and get it done)

pack clothes.... pack the yeti....in the truck.... drive down in the truck with no trailer and car.... next year will be back in action....

Last edited:
Apparently I was due for some maintenance!

Driver’s side Rear
Bad halfshaft
Busted poly knuckle bushings

Passenger’s Side Rear
Bad wheel bearing (apparently has been bad for some time!!)
Stuck brake caliper slide
Ruined hub (due to bad wheel bearing)
Busted poly knuckle bushings

So...almost done with the MK8 LCA's, Delrin, Cobra Rear Brakes, 3.27 Diff...:eek:

Wonder how much ET a good set of wheel bearings is worth?! lol

Check this out:

14232656_10153953037636317_1633338573624933745_n.jpg

Attachments

• BUSTED.jpg
    BUSTED.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
You would be surprised at how much things you'd expect to help your ET, doesn't affect it at all. :)

Well, I got the wiring finished on my whip, and plugged the ECM to test out all of the sensors and outputs. The myriad of outputs and inputs work all except a coil randomly melted after they tested successfully. Now the coil outputs from the ECM are not outputting any trigger voltage. So I have to send it in to get fixed.

Had to buy a new starter since the one I had was a turd. Those PowerMaster starters are nice. I gotta set the suspension up to where I want it to be, put the bumper, headlights on, interior together, and driveshaft loop.

How close are we again?

You would be surprised at how much things you'd expect to help your ET, doesn't affect it at all. :)

I don't expect it to be noticeable. It was bad enough that the alignment would get messed up on occasion though!

I'm still dorking around with the rear suspension and brakes...between working, taking care of minions and not making Danielle mad, I have about 1 full day a week to actually work on the car. I think I'll have it done after this weekend though.

The front weld for the driveshaft scraped on the driveshaft loop, so I had to take it out and adjust. My dad helped heat it, bend it and then painted it for me...that was a help! I had to spend some time grinding down the rear caliper brackets to clear the cobra rotors...now need to paint the new front rotors and repaint the rears, then everything left is bolt-on, I think....:eek:

Jacob..if you're bored on Friday morning-evening, let me know. :) If I can get someone to watch the littlest minion, I will have almost all day free to work on the car.

I don't expect it to be noticeable. It was bad enough that the alignment would get messed up on occasion though!

I'm still dorking around with the rear suspension and brakes...between working, taking care of minions and not making Danielle mad, I have about 1 full day a week to actually work on the car. I think I'll have it done after this weekend though.

The front weld for the driveshaft scraped on the driveshaft loop, so I had to take it out and adjust. My dad helped heat it, bend it and then painted it for me...that was a help! I had to spend some time grinding down the rear caliper brackets to clear the cobra rotors...now need to paint the new front rotors and repaint the rears, then everything left is bolt-on, I think....:eek:

Jacob..if you're bored on Friday morning-evening, let me know. :) If I can get someone to watch the littlest minion, I will have almost all day free to work on the car.

I will see whats going on may be able to help s few hrs friday . Cobra brakes will NOt clear 15s from what I am hearing

We're in about the same boat! For the last 2+ years I've been working on my car every Sunday. I don't have minions, though so it's a little looser, but I still gotta keep the lady happy, too!

We're in about the same boat! For the last 2+ years I've been working on my car every Sunday. I don't have minions, though so it's a little looser, but I still gotta keep the lady happy, too!

Man Casey....wait till there are minions..... :eek: One was a little tough, but having two at the same time that can't take care of themselves...geez. Need to get these womenfolk turning wrenches too!!! ;)

I know I've said it before, but next year, it will probably just be time to work on the body paint and wheels/tires. That should be easier to do in segments. :rolleyes:

Man Casey....wait till there are minions..... :eek: One was a little tough, but having two at the same time that can't take care of themselves...geez.

Attempt getting anything done with 3, in which 2 are the age of in sports/activities 4-6 nights of the week year round combined and I coach 2 of my sons sports....

Back