1992 black on black super coupe

Livininvt

hoping to figure out my sc ailments. over heats, brake fluid spwes from under brake booster area, radio does not recieve signal, no functions on defrost/ heater/ ac work.... at all. cars solid, sat for a while. How much does the ECM come into play with all of this??
Thanks in advance!

Deal with the overheating problem first. Common things to check would be cooling system, water pump, and IRCM. You want to know that the cooling passages are good - a simple flush and new fluid will solve much of this. Make sure you recognize the fill plug on the top of the engine and read as much as you can before you start the flush. You might want to look at the thermostat too.

Other club members might chime in about the water pump. I've been in there to do some work on my harmonic balancer but have never had one fail. The IRCM controls the fans. My IRCM doesn't kick the fan on unless the AC is on. It took me a while to realize this - I've not done anything about it yet. I've simply been driving the car with the AC on low at 72 degrees at all times. At some point I will need to fix the IRCM.

The other new guy (one post) who mentioned taking it to a pro mechanic may not be aware that by now most mechanics have little to no clue about the Super Coupe. You're likely better here getting info from people like me and (way more pro than me). I can use logic, read a book and run tools but you'll find some seriously smart, capable and knowledgeable folks on these forums. Good luck.

Thanks Potshotscott. Water pump is on its way. I changed out the thermostat already. I bought this to play with. But didn't realize just how technical they really are. As I said I have no function to the a/c, heater, no blower motor. I know that many of the electronic brains in these things seem to control so many other things. So I learn as I go, and am getting anxious to get it on the road!!

Back