Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2016 Shootout Feedback

I think the Shootout was good. I'm always open for change more or less no matter what it is just for the sake of change, but that doesn't take away from what it was for me. The only thing I wanted to do was race and I couldn't do that so the rest was just general entertainment for me.

Personally I have no interest in a dyno competition. There was a time when the dyno competition was really there to a) facilitate tuning, and b) put a sock in some of the big mouths who claimed big HP numbers but could never back it up. Other than that it's a bit like the Chinese auction - fun if you like that sort of thing - but doesn't prove anything and in fact I think it encourages people to take unnecessary risks with their vehicles. I'd rather spend more time at the track or more time just hanging out and BS'ing. That's just my opinion of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

Quote Originally Posted by ALS35 View Post
    So ... I got my Visa bill and found I was double charged by the hotel. Confirmed by a call to Visa. The hotel seems to have a 'Don't answer the phone' policy so I had to find my way to customer care for the chain. Also a phone number that is not published.
    Check your bills, folks. Just sayin'.
    Alan
    Alan

Please let me know if you have trouble with them and I will see what I can do.

Brian
    Brian Oatway
    '94 SC 2.6KB C4 Auto
    9.956 @ 135.12 mph 1.364 60'
    514rwhp/460rwtq
    "Super Uber Club Member" - per Ira
    SCCoA Member # 705

This would be an event maybe we should start to look at partially combining into, as this gets the attention of Ford Performance. Noted several times 1 MN12 attended.

http://performance.ford.com/enthusia...id=FP_FASTNEWS
    SCCoA Member#: 2515
    1990 SC AOD 2.1L Kenne Bell
    11.676 @ 121.35 mph
    506hp/478tq
    My Garage

I would like the idea of inviting more cars. Between work and my SC not running I never got to join in in a shootout. I have attended one and plan to bring the SC someday.

I own a late model SHO, a first gen Lightning, a mark VIII, and a SC also just sold a 2013 Mustang GT.

After hanging out with people who own the same cars at car shows, events, and racing. I have met a ton of great people. And I will say NOT ALL but some or a lot of mustang guys are not friendly and think they are too good for out hers.

Now SHO, Lightning and Mark VIII owners I have met seem to be more like the SC guys usually family guys with a interest in there car and not looking cool.

Quote Originally Posted by rzimmerl View Post
    This would be an event maybe we should start to look at partially combining into, as this gets the attention of Ford Performance. Noted several times 1 MN12 attended.

http://performance.ford.com/enthusia...id=FP_FASTNEWS
    I see Bart from the International Thunderbird Club...he loves us SC'ers at Carlisle

-Tim
    Current Collection
    1994 Thunderbird SC - Auto converted to 5spd

1995 Thunderbird SC - Auto

1994 Thunderbird SC - 5spd
    1989 Thunderbird SC - 5spd - Daily Driver
    1990 Thunder/Cougar XR7 - 5spd
    1994 Thunderbird SC - 3v Project

I am in contact daily with one of the guys that helps run KYhorsepower club/website. I know in the past we tagged along with their spring meet and that is how several of you guys were able to visit Clay City and see the track for yourselves. Even with it being on the NMRA weekend I think there would be a few of the "Mustang" guys that would be up for a day at the track to help with the cost. The number can be limited to whatever we want and they can even run in the bracket if we so choose. Just an idea to toss out there and I can make it happen if there is interest.
    Anthony Arnold
    Home of "No Cash Racing!"

Silver 90 AOD 12.03 @ Shootout 2010
    White 94 Auto ??????
    Black 95 5-speed ????