Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 51

Thread: 2016 Shootout Feedback

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    879
    I say keep the SC and reach out to all Fords with Superchargers.
    J.Miller
    1990 XR7 and 1955 F250!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    5,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob_Royer View Post
    I say a reach out to the SHO and Mark viii guys would be best! The mustang v6 guys tend to be d-bags. I have bought two of them to build one for my son and both owners were complete idiots. They would be running around doing one track burnouts in the parking lot ! the mark viii and sho guys are much more civilized just saying.
    This is a little judgmental. I don't think people should be casted out based on presumptions like that. There are a couple of turbo v6 Mustang guys in town who are awesome. Always helpful, but just needed help understanding things like anyone.

    V6 mustangs have more commonalities with SC guys than SHOs and Mark VIIIs. Although I'd be cool with them as well.
    1994 SC
    4.5L Twin Turbo SVO
    Project GTFD

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Paoli Indiana
    Posts
    4,508
    Quote Originally Posted by CMac89 View Post
    This is a little judgmental. I don't think people should be casted out based on presumptions like that. There are a couple of turbo v6 Mustang guys in town who are awesome. Always helpful, but just needed help understanding things like anyone.

    V6 mustangs have more commonalities with SC guys than SHOs and Mark VIIIs. Although I'd be cool with them as well.


    I would say anyone that put a functional turbo on a v6 stang is
    A diffrent calliber person than the azzhat teenagers running around
    thinking they are cool with flat bill caps jamming rap music doing one
    wheel peels with a maxwell house muffler and (3) tiered honda spoiler alteza
    tailights wal-mart pedal covers and a durabrand subwoofer from walmart
    rocking plasti-diped stock wheels, the short antenna mod a homeade
    Undeglow kit with pep-boys marker lights japaneese slogan across the front
    Windshield with a ghetto tint job ......stereotypical v6 stang driver
    Last edited by Jacob_Royer; 10-09-2016 at 10:54 AM.
    93 SC Red Auto 111k
    2013 Shootout Bracket ET First Place
    2015 Shootout Car Show Honerable Mention
    2016 Shootout Mod-1 First Place
    4.2, 2.3 Whipple, 3.73s AOD
    307rwhp 12.70@107.2 (MPX)
    395rwhp Whipple.... et ?????

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,242

    here is my take on this year's event, and next year and down the road.

    First off the hotel was great. they were there for us in every way that came along. Sure the pool broke, BUT they said it would be fixed after Monday, not lie to us like the last place. The morning brunch was great as well with a lot of food ALL weekend long, again not like the last place. All the outside events were without a hitch, again thanks to the hotel people, they helped out wherever they could. The dyno was good again with working with the people that used it and even spent more time with every car to make sure that everyone was happy.. Now the drag strip was the drag strip, they play to a different drum... slow but sure.. that is good with a smaller turnout, but if we had 50 to 75 cars running we might still be there running...lol.
    Now who else should we invite ?? I say open it up to any Ford group THAT wants to play by OUR rules.. They can be all done on the et bracket and still let us do our thing as we have been doing for years. The rest of them can do et and still do everything as we always do.. More cars will mean more money coming in as well as seeing more different set ups.. I think it would be a blast watching some of those guys dropping their jaws when some of our faster guys set the mark for them to beat... The et setup will make everyone equal in the end so lets go for it..
    Now the only draw back to this years event.. I did hear that not everyone was in love with the food sat night. there were even a few people that were not feeling good after the dinner??? Maybe next year we can get some input to give the cooks so we have a better dinner.. Now I do have to say that the bunch of us that stayed over sunday night had a great time with the pizza's that they made for us off menu. They were good and again this shows just how far the hotel wants to go to make us come back again... I guess a big thanks is due the hotel staff for all they did for us this year, not like other places we stayed at... that's all.. unless we can bribe Brian not to bring his car and cook for us....just kidding.....Rich
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    East Hartford, CT
    Posts
    3,446
    Do we have members that are also members of some of these other clubs??

    I know Chris Gates used to do a lot of SHO stuff.
    Brian Oatway
    '94 SC 2.6KB C4 Auto
    9.956 @ 135.12 mph 1.364 60'
    514rwhp/460rwtq
    "Super Uber Club Member" - per Ira
    SCCoA Member # 705

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Herrin Illinois
    Posts
    3,383
    Chris gates I know for sure is an sho club member, and has a lot of contacts. I actually like the ideal of the v6 Mustang guys because of what Corey said, they would be very competitive.
    MEMBER #2488 best rwhp 504 485 torque
    2016 shootout Best of show award
    2015 Carlisle Best of show modified, 1st place 92 93 SC and Celebrity's choice award winner.
    2014 Shootout Best of show 1st award winner
    2014 Comp cams VIP Car craft street machine nationals
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage.p...e_view&id=7152

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    nashville
    Posts
    343
    I am and always will be a Mustang guy as much as I enjoy my Sc when it actually runs.

    That said and having never attended a Shootout I will throw this 2 cents in.

    The shootout is always held around the same time as the NMRA world finals. This year it was the same weekend. It is usually the weekend after. That means I will always choose the NMRA event. After reading this whole thread though I am asking myself why I need to choose. The two events are held hours apart from each other. With what the attendees are saying I think an inquiry to the NMRA to combine the SC shootout into this event would be a worthwhile look. If they can bore us with hours on end of Bracket racing I am sure they could find a way to work this program in. It would be a tough sell with the age of the cars but at the same time the organization this group has shown could offset that. Yes there would likely need to be some class changes to make it work but the exposure would likely be worth it. This is likely not a long term solution but even if this was done for only a few years it would hopefully revive some of the lost excitement many are talking about by introducing a whole new crowd to the SC's potential.

    The car show this year at that event had 319 cars show up. I don't recall seeing 1 89-97 Tbird. Is it any wonder attendance dwindles and excitement wanes when even a main stream event doesn't attract these cars?

    The other "advantage" to this is as a Chef I would be more than willing to take over cooking duties for the weekend. I would be able to purchase food at whole sale pricing through work and would be able to prepare a restaurant style meal at the cost of homemade.

    I realize these types of changes are drastic but it is another point of view. It has certain advantages over what has already been suggested here. I personally think there are big advantages to more exposure than inviting another group to split costs. At least for the short run.....

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Paoli Indiana
    Posts
    4,508
    I see youre point... however the nmra is way to big of an event to combine with us and would take away from what the shootout is. Also i'd imagine being the same weekend is why its easy/cheap to get a track rental at clay city. While bowling green is ALOT nicer track that i really really like... Alot of the faster SC's would NOT pass their tech. Plus we would loose the ability to get a few hrs of open test and tune! I can run dozens of times at the shootout. My local track i am lucky to get 4/5 passes on a test and tune night!


    Quote Originally Posted by jdsgallops View Post
    I am and always will be a Mustang guy as much as I enjoy my Sc when it actually runs.

    That said and having never attended a Shootout I will throw this 2 cents in.

    The shootout is always held around the same time as the NMRA world finals. This year it was the same weekend. It is usually the weekend after. That means I will always choose the NMRA event. After reading this whole thread though I am asking myself why I need to choose. The two events are held hours apart from each other. With what the attendees are saying I think an inquiry to the NMRA to combine the SC shootout into this event would be a worthwhile look. If they can bore us with hours on end of Bracket racing I am sure they could find a way to work this program in. It would be a tough sell with the age of the cars but at the same time the organization this group has shown could offset that. Yes there would likely need to be some class changes to make it work but the exposure would likely be worth it. This is likely not a long term solution but even if this was done for only a few years it would hopefully revive some of the lost excitement many are talking about by introducing a whole new crowd to the SC's potential.

    The car show this year at that event had 319 cars show up. I don't recall seeing 1 89-97 Tbird. Is it any wonder attendance dwindles and excitement wanes when even a main stream event doesn't attract these cars?

    The other "advantage" to this is as a Chef I would be more than willing to take over cooking duties for the weekend. I would be able to purchase food at whole sale pricing through work and would be able to prepare a restaurant style meal at the cost of homemade.

    I realize these types of changes are drastic but it is another point of view. It has certain advantages over what has already been suggested here. I personally think there are big advantages to more exposure than inviting another group to split costs. At least for the short run.....
    93 SC Red Auto 111k
    2013 Shootout Bracket ET First Place
    2015 Shootout Car Show Honerable Mention
    2016 Shootout Mod-1 First Place
    4.2, 2.3 Whipple, 3.73s AOD
    307rwhp 12.70@107.2 (MPX)
    395rwhp Whipple.... et ?????

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Paoli Indiana
    Posts
    4,508
    I was very happy with the hotel facilities! And very happy with the meal! it was a nice welcome change! There are several people that i know of that pay full price and do not attend the dinner because of spouses having shellfish allergies and it was nice to see those people actually enjoying the banquet this year! And it was nice for Brian to get a break!


    Quote Originally Posted by pro street rich View Post
    First off the hotel was great. they were there for us in every way that came along. Sure the pool broke, BUT they said it would be fixed after Monday, not lie to us like the last place. The morning brunch was great as well with a lot of food ALL weekend long, again not like the last place. All the outside events were without a hitch, again thanks to the hotel people, they helped out wherever they could. The dyno was good again with working with the people that used it and even spent more time with every car to make sure that everyone was happy.. Now the drag strip was the drag strip, they play to a different drum... slow but sure.. that is good with a smaller turnout, but if we had 50 to 75 cars running we might still be there running...lol.
    Now who else should we invite ?? I say open it up to any Ford group THAT wants to play by OUR rules.. They can be all done on the et bracket and still let us do our thing as we have been doing for years. The rest of them can do et and still do everything as we always do.. More cars will mean more money coming in as well as seeing more different set ups.. I think it would be a blast watching some of those guys dropping their jaws when some of our faster guys set the mark for them to beat... The et setup will make everyone equal in the end so lets go for it..
    Now the only draw back to this years event.. I did hear that not everyone was in love with the food sat night. there were even a few people that were not feeling good after the dinner??? Maybe next year we can get some input to give the cooks so we have a better dinner.. Now I do have to say that the bunch of us that stayed over sunday night had a great time with the pizza's that they made for us off menu. They were good and again this shows just how far the hotel wants to go to make us come back again... I guess a big thanks is due the hotel staff for all they did for us this year, not like other places we stayed at... that's all.. unless we can bribe Brian not to bring his car and cook for us....just kidding.....Rich
    93 SC Red Auto 111k
    2013 Shootout Bracket ET First Place
    2015 Shootout Car Show Honerable Mention
    2016 Shootout Mod-1 First Place
    4.2, 2.3 Whipple, 3.73s AOD
    307rwhp 12.70@107.2 (MPX)
    395rwhp Whipple.... et ?????

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Posts
    3,178
    Been to the shootout a handful of times throughout its run. Ohio twice and Kentucky twice...every time my expectation has been met and exceeded. That expectation for me is seeing everyone from this group, seeing some sweet SC's and shooting the BS with fellow members. Maybe my expectations are lower than others or I just accept it for what it is.

    Expanding seems to be the topic that comes up at every event I attend year in and year out. Carlisle, Summer Blast - Joel Bender Memorial event (which ended its run this year because of membership decline) and well now the Shootout. Finding a group as "die hard" as this group I think would be amazing.

    When I hear of expanding the Shootout, I instantly think along the lines of a Club Clash event. Be cool to challenge SHOs or V6 Mustang guys, making it the National Event or the "big one" for both groups. A braggin' rights event I suppose, similar to the Super Heavy Weight Shootout where its V8 Fords vs V8 Chevy/Mopar.

    Whatever is decided I hope to be back next year. Marriage date fell same time last year. This year family event for my Grandparents 70th wedding anny was the important happening. Wife said she noticed I looked depressed being at home rather than at the Shootout

    Also, thanks to everyone who make the event happen, you guys go way above and beyond to make sure this event caters to everyone! Great job!

    -Tim
    Current Collection
    1994 Thunderbird SC - Auto converted to 5spd

    1995 Thunderbird SC - Auto

    1994 Thunderbird SC - 5spd
    1989 Thunderbird SC - 5spd - Daily Driver
    1990 Thunder/Cougar XR7 - 5spd
    1994 Thunderbird SC - 3v Project

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    nashville
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob_Royer View Post
    I see youre point... however the nmra is way to big of an event to combine with us and would take away from what the shootout is. Also i'd imagine being the same weekend is why its easy/cheap to get a track rental at clay city. While bowling green is ALOT nicer track that i really really like... Alot of the faster SC's would NOT pass their tech. Plus we would loose the ability to get a few hrs of open test and tune! I can run dozens of times at the shootout. My local track i am lucky to get 4/5 passes on a test and tune night!
    I disagree Jacob. I brought up the idea as solely as an alternative thought instead of the same ol same ol. The NMRA has accommodated just about any specialty group that has come up. For instance the GT-500 vs Terminator shootout, which started as one race at one event only to become a class with multiple dates. They combine with the NMCA at the Atlanta and Chicago race, which is a much bigger organization than the SC shootout. I don't see where the format would need to change much nor the way it is done. It seems the dyno and car show is one day and the racing another. Thursday's are open TNT for all NMRA participants. You could also enter the brackets to get more TNT time in. Have the SC shootout set up for Sat or Sun and the rest of the time is setup just as it has always been. VMP has a dyno setup on premise all weekend and will tune. Setup a time for T birds only and let the crowd see big power numbers out of an old tech "stock" v6's. Logistically it would be much easier so long the organizers would allow it. The hardest part would be finding a hotel as most will be booked with other NMRA participants.

    I get the SHO and V6 Mustang correlation but if you truly want to grow the SC brand them you need to expose it to more people who are interested in Fords to begin with and that will always be the Mustang crowd. As the years have gone by more and more years and bodies have been allowed in the NMRA. It is time to bring the 89-97 bird into it also.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    956
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob_Royer View Post
    I would say anyone that put a functional turbo on a v6 stang is
    A diffrent calliber person than the azzhat teenagers running around
    thinking they are cool with flat bill caps jamming rap music doing one
    wheel peels with a maxwell house muffler and (3) tiered honda spoiler alteza
    tailights wal-mart pedal covers and a durabrand subwoofer from walmart
    rocking plasti-diped stock wheels, the short antenna mod a homeade
    Undeglow kit with pep-boys marker lights japaneese slogan across the front
    Windshield with a ghetto tint job ......stereotypical v6 stang driver
    So tell us what you really think, Jacob
    Alan

  13. #43
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    6,157
    Quote Originally Posted by ALS35 View Post
    So tell us what you really think, Jacob
    Alan
    Well said Funniest description of those cars

    Ken

    93 SC Whipple powered 11.648 @ 119.6
    Twin Turbo, air intercooled..yet to see

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Paoli Indiana
    Posts
    4,508
    Quote Originally Posted by kenewagner View Post
    Well said Funniest description of those cars

    Ken


    Only because it is true!!

    I forgot one important item!! "China eBay knockoff cobra emblems facing the wrong way"
    93 SC Red Auto 111k
    2013 Shootout Bracket ET First Place
    2015 Shootout Car Show Honerable Mention
    2016 Shootout Mod-1 First Place
    4.2, 2.3 Whipple, 3.73s AOD
    307rwhp 12.70@107.2 (MPX)
    395rwhp Whipple.... et ?????

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    956
    So ... I got my Visa bill and found I was double charged by the hotel. Confirmed by a call to Visa. The hotel seems to have a 'Don't answer the phone' policy so I had to find my way to customer care for the chain. Also a phone number that is not published.
    Check your bills, folks. Just sayin'.
    Alan

Similar Threads

  1. 2016 Shootout Hotel Information
    By SCrazy in forum SCCoA Events
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 09-10-2016, 11:55 AM
  2. 2016 Shootout Hotel Information
    By SCrazy in forum Super Coupe Shootout
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-22-2016, 12:58 PM
  3. Shootout Feedback
    By SCrazy in forum SCCoA Events
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: 10-19-2013, 03:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •