SC Shootout redemption, & new stick shift record.

0.44 MPH away from needing a 10pt and a window net. I sense some winter upgrades are in order :D

I've got some thinking to do. The car is definitely taking a beating doing this, and isn't necessarily safe in its current setup for the times its capable of. Occasionally I get the itch to put a roll bar in and more safety equipment, then I usually just say I need to build a race car. The car drives great, I take it to work from time to time, run errands in it, etc. Nothing about it really says race car, except maybe the wheels and tires. I have a feeling I'm just going to focus on making this car even nicer inside, and out. Cleaner wiring, interior upgrades, some structural repairs etc.

I have a 4.5 svo that I should probably find a home for. That will be a purpose built car unlike my SC.

Nothing about it really says race car, except maybe the wheels and tires. I have a feeling I'm just going to focus on making this car even nicer inside, and out. Cleaner wiring, interior upgrades, some structural repairs etc.

Yep, you hit it right on the button with that car. Too nice to turn it into a full out race car.

Yea you got to watch my car developed cracks between moon roof and windshield also in rear wheelwells along subframe and popped a bunch of spot welds in the back seat/trunk area in the last few years BUT My car is rusty and was also wrecked a few times before I got and they did not do the best job repairing it so that might be why?

Then WHAM, sunroof shade flew back, I pooped a little and told myself don't screw these shifts up!

That's funny because when mine first flew back it scared me too and like a dummy I kept closing it and then it would do it again. I finally got smart and left the dam thing open.........:rolleyes:

By the way killer run.....................:D

sunroof shade flew back

Rather than just sliding it forward until it stops, pull down, nudge forward and it should travel a bit more and wedge tight into the front slot. But yes, all the way open/back FTW.

Nice run...love the video, thanks.

Ken

That's funny because when mine first flew back it scared me too and like a dummy I kept closing it and then it would do it again. I finally got smart and left the dam thing open.........:rolleyes:

By the way killer run.....................:D

That's OK till the sun is blinding you. That's why the screw

I've got some thinking to do. The car is definitely taking a beating doing this, and isn't necessarily safe in its current setup for the times its capable of. Occasionally I get the itch to put a roll bar in and more safety equipment, then I usually just say I need to build a race car. The car drives great, I take it to work from time to time, run errands in it, etc. Nothing about it really says race car, except maybe the wheels and tires. I have a feeling I'm just going to focus on making this car even nicer inside, and out. Cleaner wiring, interior upgrades, some structural repairs etc.

I have a 4.5 svo that I should probably find a home for. That will be a purpose built car unlike my SC.

Congrats on the pass! I vote ford box top for the 4.5l.

Back