Fall Cheesesteak Run November 6th

Sounds interesting! I have plans that weekend, but if they fall through, I would gladly tag along in the daily. Might need to lighten it up some if it's to have any chance of keeping them AMG's anywhere in sight though... :eek:

Its a run to Philly. Everyone meets in Philly at 12-4. The guy hosting it is from MD I guess so they meet in College Park and cruise up. If you want to get a convoy going from somewhere else he would help promote it.

Hope you can make it Jim.

Let me know Ralph. Got mine all cleaned up Sunday. Will just need to wipe it down this Saturday.

Anyone else interested?

That sounds like an awesome excuse to drive up for a cheesesteak. Unfortunately I'm having some issues with the new car preventing it from passing emission. Tags are now dead.

Joe

I forget the code number but EGR related. One code was insufficient EGR flow. I cleaned out the EGR and replaced the DPFE sensor. That didn't help. I replaced the EGR valve itself even though it seemed fine. Still no change. I replaced the EGR solenoid, nothing.

At this point I'm thinking the hoses going to the DPFE are reversed or came loose from the tube. The tube itself is clogged or their is an issue with the new DPFE.
Apparently FORD no longer makes the DPFE for this car so what I bought is aftermarket. I found some posts where people were still having codes after replacing with aftermarket DPFE sensors.

Joe

My car is fixed and will pick it up in the AM. Four wheel alignment after mew front strut rod bushings and a new tie-rod end and having to replace both LT and RT camber cam bolts for real end alighment. Thanks to Chris Vinning for having a couple of used bolts to replace the the ones that snapped off due to being rusted really bad. I have someone taking care of dog so I can go to Philly if nothing else happens.

Joe,

for what it's worth (and I realize the pre 96's were all aluminum), when I had the post-throttle body intake elbow off, all the egr passages underneath were completely clogged, preventing any kind of flow. I could only guess that Jerry had turned EGR off via tune long before, so it never threw any codes. I wonder if a handheld tuner would have an EGR disable option. Good luck with it, regardless.

You all have fun on the run tomorrow, and don't drive like the M3's did the years before (see various YouTube clips)!

Jim

Ralph and I survived. If anyone plans on doing this be ready to roll out if you want to stay with the pack.:eek:

Back