Thread: 1994 Loaded "Barn Find" want to restore. Advice sought on a few things.

1994 Loaded "Barn Find" want to restore. Advice sought on a few things.

Hello all. I recently found a one owner 94 fully loaded SC. Although it has 172000 miles, it is in amazing condition. Motor is excellent, body is Rust free (Mostly) and everything seems to work. The suspension is worn out, however. I've owned 7 of these cars, 2 SCs (3 with this one) 3 LX's and 1 Merc RX7. This one is the first I've owned with the electronic suspension. (My 95 may have had it, but didn't last long enough for me to do any work to it). I redid my 93 LX's suspension in it's entirety, so I know what a big difference replacing all the suspension components can make. I understand the shocks and struts have to be replaced with the Tokico series, but what about the control arms? I have both upper and lower sets I bought for my 95 sitting in the garage, but I don't know if they are compatible. Any advice on this would be appreciated. Problem 2 is the airbag light. flashes a 51 code. I know this is the thermal fuse fault, but I was wondering what usually causes the problem that blows the fuse. Problem 3 is the power seats. both sides are unable to move forward or back. The motor runs but hangs. I am removing the seats and cleaning the tracks to eliminate corrosion and dirt as the cause. Any advice on where to buy the motor packs would be great. Problem 4 is the moon roof leaking. The seal is all but worn out, so I will have to find a supplier who has new seals. I should mention I am a Ford Employee with employee pricing on parts and vehicles, so anyone needing any help in that area, just ask. Unfortunately that doesn't help me with the parts I will need for this car.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeEdge View Post
    The suspension is worn out, however. I've owned 7 of these cars, 2 SCs (3 with this one) 3 LX's and 1 Merc RX7. This one is the first I've owned with the electronic suspension.
    All SC's have the same ARC (automatic ride control) system. See this thread for info on suspension parts, etc. http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthre...=poly+bushings

Problem 3 is the power seats. both sides are unable to move forward or back. The motor runs but hangs. I am removing the seats and cleaning the tracks to eliminate corrosion and dirt as the cause. Any advice on where to buy the motor packs would be great.
    I think once you clean the original grease off the slides and re-lube you'll be ok. If you do end up needing motors, try placing an ad in parts wanted.

Problem 4 is the moon roof leaking. The seal is all but worn out, so I will have to find a supplier who has new seals. .
    Search here on Webasto. Example vendor: http://www.tgautomotive.com