Washed the Dust Off of My 95 SC

Jimmy 2Coupes

SCCoA Member
My 95 SC has been setting in my garage for six years and had a thick layer of dust on it. I've been planning to wash it for a while so today I finally slapped a plate on it, drove a couple blocks to a car wash, spayed the dust off, drove it back home and hand washed it. What a difference a basic wash can make on the appearance of a vehicle.

Attachments

• Dusty 95 SWC.jpg
    Dusty 95 SWC.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 374
  • 95SC 2.jpg
    95SC 2.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 177
  • 95SC 3.jpg
    95SC 3.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 165
  • 95SC 4.jpg
    95SC 4.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Looks fantastic now. Amazing what a good wash/detail can do. When mine sits in garage, i use microfiber cloth once a week to keep it from getting bad.

Thanks for the props guy's. I actually have car covers for both of my SC's purchased at Carlisle several years ago. The reason my 95 wasn’t covered is back in 2010 at Milan Dragway one night I missed second gear on the first pass and over revved big time. Driving back to the pits I noticed smoke in the cabin. When I parked and popped the hood smoke was coming from the engine bay. Looked like big time blow-by so I packed up and made the 25 mile drive home with my fingers crossed. Definitely felt and still feels down a cylinder. Anyway I didn't want to put the cover on a gritty car and I never got around to doing anything with it...until a week or so ago. The cover will definitely go on now. I need motivation to get this car back up and running right.

Thanks for the props guy's. I actually have car covers for both of my SC's purchased at Carlisle several years ago. The reason my 95 wasn’t covered is back in 2010 at Milan Dragway one night I missed second gear on the first pass and over revved big time. Driving back to the pits I noticed smoke in the cabin. When I parked and popped the hood smoke was coming from the engine bay. Looked like big time blow-by so I packed up and made the 25 mile drive home with my fingers crossed. Definitely felt and still feels down a cylinder. Anyway I didn't want to put the cover on a gritty car and I never got around to doing anything with it...until a week or so ago. The cover will definitely go on now. I need motivation to get this car back up and running right.

I know the feeling, my car is in the exact same situation right now. It too is sitting with a bunch of crud on it from the last time I drove it... just kinda sucks the motivation out of getting it clean again.

Back