Twin Turbo Progress or lack of

kenewagner

After the horrible debacle of my rear mount turbo setup. I set about to correct the mistake by putting the turbos where they belong, in the engine compartment. I made good progress up to a few months ago. Other projects seem to side line work. For the last 3 weeks my health has been bad and just starting to feel normal again. On top of that one of the kids sold their house and is in process of building a new one. Which will be done in March. So I have a family of 4 moving in with me. The car is going to wait to finish until spring. Was so close to startup. Some of the parts are just setting in place, no coil pack, the radiator tube is still off. Having problems loading more pictures. Anyway a few pictures of the progress

Ken

Attachments

• IMG_0665.jpg
    IMG_0665.jpg
    420.4 KB · Views: 449
  • IMG_0663.jpg
    IMG_0663.jpg
    411.3 KB · Views: 369
Wowser ! Looks fantastic Ken, and I think you made a good decision to put the turbos up front where they belong.

David

PS: Are those chrome plated heat shields covering the headers and turbo mounting flanges ?

Wowser ! Looks fantastic Ken, and I think you made a good decision to put the turbos up front where they belong.

David

PS: Are those chrome plated heat shields covering the headers and turbo mounting flanges ?

Yes the manifolds are wrapped with lava wrap to retain heat. The chrome heat shields should help keep heat from the bottom of the hood.The extra bling doesnt hurt either.

Ken

Very cool !

David

I shed about 200+ lbs off the car. The turbos upgraded with bigger AR housings. And a really short exhaust all in hopes of really fast spooling. For now just going to run 20lb springs in the waste gates. Later might add the two step and boost regulator if needed

Ken

The extra bling doesnt hurt either.

Not sure I would cover the DIS like that, but in this case, I doubt short runs would hurt. A DIS as-is will never win any beauty contest.

Very pretty in any case.

Ken

Last edited:
Looks great, Ken! I'll have to watch my back and the Shootout!

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I hope everything gets better! Burnouts are the best cure.

Looks great, Ken! I'll have to watch my back and the Shootout!

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I hope everything gets better! Burnouts are the best cure.

I don't think I will be in Corey's or your HP range. I would like to shoot for a 10 second time slip. Only time will tell if I put together a working combination to achieve that. Would love to go head to head with Neiberts white SC:D

Ken

may have to stand in line for that..

I don't think I will be in Corey's or your HP range. I would like to shoot for a 10 second time slip. Only time will tell if I put together a working combination to achieve that. Would love to go head to head with Neiberts white SC:D

Ken

I hear tell there are a few other's that are also shooting for that mark.. even someone is going after Brian O this next year... I think it will be one wild shootout this coming year.... but fear not there are two awards that will go out... Ken for engine, and Ira for burn outs.....lol ...Rich

"just 20 psi springs" I think youre going to have your hands full at that boost level. Good job, it looks very clean!

how big are your turbo's??

Hey Ken just thinking, how big of a turbo setup are you putting on there?? single or twin?? Just thinking out loud here....Rich

Back