Twin Turbo Progress or lack of

I bought a cord setup just like yours. I even wired it up. Havent used it yet. One of our smarter members here suggested using the cruse control button keeping both hands on the wheel. I was starting to wire the two step in but got side tracked trying to just get it up and running. Guess there time in the spring to do that as well. what do you set yours in relation to stall speed of your converter. I have a 3000 stall converter

Ken,

With a 3500 stall converter I had my two step rpms set at around 3000. Some people go higher than rated stall setting, just depends on what rpm and load you need to spool the turbos. Higher rpm usually means higher boost at launch. Here is a go-pro video of me using the trans brake and two step on my 93 SC..watch my right hand to see button released and dropped.

https://youtu.be/qGVSNJH5a3I

David

I bought a cord setup just like yours. I even wired it up. Havent used it yet. One of our smarter members here suggested using the cruse control button keeping both hands on the wheel. I was starting to wire the two step in but got side tracked trying to just get it up and running. Guess there time in the spring to do that as well. what do you set yours in relation to stall speed of your converter. I have a 3000 stall converter

3000rpm converter here as well. I used the cord but did not like it so mounted a push button permanent on the console divider right behind the shifter (mustang). I launch around 3200rpm on 2 step, this builds 11-12psi. You have to set the 2 step where you build boost but still be able to hook. If I try and launch at 4000rpm it will build all the boost and blow the tires off. 2800rpm/5psi was to low with the hoosier slicks because the converter would not flash quick enough and as soon as the tires unload the car would bog. With launching you have to find the spot of what your setup likes. With turbo's you are going to find making power is the easy part, getting the power to the ground is whats tricky lol. Good thing is there is a ton of technology out there that will help a turbo car get down the road, just have to decide how fast you want to go and what you're willing to spend.

Looks great Ken. Nice to have a local guy working on his. Helps keep the rest of us motivated. Let me know when you take it to the track. Hoping mine is up and going by then and we can get a group of us together.

Car is up and running. Its is pig rich though, almost thought I had a diesel under the hood. Making arrangements to tune it. My good friend Benny will be cleaning up the wiring in the console and wiring the two step. I had removed the lowering springs in the rear and had stock one in when my setup was in the rear. With all the weight moved back up front I had to reinstall the lowering springs back in to get the car sitting right. I figure the car has dropped 250+ lbs with all the changes I have made.

Ken

Attachments

• corner shot.jpg
    corner shot.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 91
  • Side shot.jpg
    Side shot.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 89
Back