SC show/diner meet

91bird

Hey guys,
Gonna toos this out there to see if anyone would be interested. There is a great 50's style burger shop in Pickering down by the lake called Big M's.
Awesome food, small little take out diner that's been there for like 50 years. Anyway I know the owner pretty good and he used to have a car show every saturday but sorta stopped this year as the car club that used to organize it for him the guy got sick and couldnt do it any more. I was chatting with him today while I was getting a burger and he said that he still has a few shows during the summer but hosts it mostly for car clubs. He has a corvette club, mustang club and a few others. I asked him if he'd be interested hosting a Thunderbird show. Said he'd love to. So I was thinking if there was enough interest in putting something together for next year that would be cool. If we had enough cars we could do a whole little show/meet there, he has all the dj stuff that he brings out and does a spread in the local magazine with all the car pics from each show. I think it would be sweet if we had a bunch of our Bird's all lined up for a nice summer evening show and maybe even do a cruise if some guys wanted. Anyway no rush on it but if there is some interest in it I would work with the owner and set the date and all hat stuff. Just need the cars lol. I know some guys have moved on from their SC' to other cars but were all still the club so any car would be cool.

Drew

Great idea Drew....I usually attend some of the local shows during the summer, this would be nice.

That said I don't believe we have anywhere close to the amount of cars that would be enough to call it a "thunderbird" show. might be ok if we jumped in with one of the other clubs. Its nice to have a variety of cars anyway. Thats why I like the queensway show at the canadian tire.....lots of variety.

lots of time left....keep us posted. Id come down for a drive.

Hey Steve, Thanks for replying. Hope all is well with ya man.
I agree there is not much action around here now for whatever reason. But maybe with enough notice we could have a few cars dusted off and brought out.
I guess we will see if there is anyone else interested? We could try to jump in on another club might be worth a shot. I will chat with him more over the winter about it. I usually pop in for a burger when I visit my parents, they are just around the corner on the bay.

Drew

Show in Pickering

I'd be in too, if you are able to put something together.
It would be nice to get one of them out for a highway run & to see some non local cars.
Hey Steve, Thanks for replying. Hope all is well with ya man.
I agree there is not much action around here now for whatever reason. But maybe with enough notice we could have a few cars dusted off and brought out.
I guess we will see if there is anyone else interested? We could try to jump in on another club might be worth a shot. I will chat with him more over the winter about it. I usually pop in for a burger when I visit my parents, they are just around the corner on the bay.

Drew

Maybe this year ?
Nothing going on in the area ?

Is this also open to Mercury Cougars? I got a 97, I was just looking up some sort of club for T Birds and Cougars, this is the closest thing I could find on the net. I honestly haven't seen any Cougars/TBirds in a very long time in the Toronto area. Would be cool to meet with the people that still have them.

I might be able to make it next year we are starting the restoration of the 90 SC and it may be ready, we also have a 65 bird ragtop that we could bring up also.
Located in Windsor.

Did you read date that thread was started ?

Nothing has ever materialized the past 2 cruising seasons(if it did it wasn't posted here), so I don't imagine it ever will.

Last edited:
Back