1990 manual pcm eec

black V8

Anyone in the GTA have a known working one they're willing to part with? As I understand a 89 manual will work too. Driving my 90 in the Spring it died with no shudder, justconked out and I coasted to a stop. Cranked but wouldn't start. Upshift light on while cranking, started after a half hour and babied it the 5km home where it died again. Got it started 1 more time but that was it. Cam sensor was replaced a coupleof months earlier. Towed it to Master Mechanic a week ago and had them replace crank sensor and balancer(powerbond). Still won'tstart. They pulled the pcm and said it's definately the culprit. I dunno, from what I've read they don't often go bad but since they've got it out might as well try. They didn't run codes they tested the pin outs and said one was way out of spec. If you've got one shoot me a price.

Thanks Tom

i have two

Hi Tom,
I have two EEC IV from 89 5 speeds.
Both worked when I had an 89 cougar.
1 is untouched, the other I bought on this site has an SCT chip with basic tune for 5% pulley and upgraded maf/intake.
yours if you want to try them.
best to reach me on cel 5 one 4 9 one 8-1791
let me know
Chris

Thanks

Hi Tom,
Got the Tims card in mail today (we don't check snail-mail very often).
Was not expected or necessary but my son will make great use of it, thank you very much.
Hope the parts help you out some.
Chris

Hi Chris, the Bird is up and running again after swapping out the eec with one of yours. I've been out of town working so haven't been able to pick it up yet. While it's there I'll have them relace the little plastic grommet/socket at the clutch pedal pivot as I noticed a bit of play and saw a thread addressing it. One less thing to lay in the snow and do.
Thanks again for the parts they helped out immensely.

Cheers Tom

Hi Tom,
I have two EEC IV from 89 5 speeds.
Both worked when I had an 89 cougar.
1 is untouched, the other I bought on this site has an SCT chip with basic tune for 5% pulley and upgraded maf/intake.
yours if you want to try them.
best to reach me on cel 5 one 4 9 one 8-1791
let me know
Chris

By any chance do you still have a 90 manual trans PCM?

Back